APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I just lost my root access in slimkat

OP Akhi87936

4th May 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #11  
Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 71

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhi87936

On 3.6 build

I am using slimkat since build 4 and never have issue like that. I used both JBX kernel and stock kernel. Both are working great.

Maybe it is time for you to install a new build?

By the way, you might need to check root access using other app instead of Tiback up.
I use tiback-up in my other device and it does not work. I flash SuperSu and then it finally worked again.
Maybe you phone still has root access but just tibackup won't regcognize it. check root access first. Then try flash SuperSu.
You last choice is clean reinstall a new build
The Following User Says Thank You to laofan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
I hav upgraded to d latest version of slimkat....reverted bak to 3.6 as battery life was poor on latest build.... Also tried latest jbx and that 27/2....due to force close and black screen issues(sometimes)....removed it...... 1st thing i did wen i lost root access was to install superuser app and also tried root checker app (root access had no prob)....root apps dont work.... Den tried fixing it with bmm (install root access Nd fix permission option).... Nothng wrkd.... Den checked the developer setting (root access to apps and adb was there.... No prob).... Den i went bak to ics..... Tried root. Exe thing again..... Still no success.... Atlast i restored ics using bmm......all my settings and custom roms got destroyed...... (but gained root access bak after restore).... Nw no prob....... Anywz ty so much...... I'm not sure, d prob might be in install root and fix permission option.... That caused error in superuser app.....

Using slimkat 3.6 for (almost 2 months)

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread