Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status 7 error on Android 4.4

Tip us?

Galaxy.orion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Status 7 error on Android 4.4

Hello guys,
I have always rooted and flashed my device according to this community and I am very grateful of the info here . I own a galaxy s2 at&t (sgh-i777)
and I have currently flashed a CM11 rom nightly compiled with linaro and sabertooth ... After getting some bugs with it I wanted to flash another CM11 rom and I followed all the steps as always and I got this status 7 error . I read here that it was a rom problem but when I tried to flash the same CM11 rom that was flashed on my device it gave the same error about operation aborted and again status 7 error .
So I wanted to ask will this "deleting the assert files on the rom components" fix the problem?

kostoulhs
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Default wrong rom flashing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy.orion View Post
Hello guys,
I have always rooted and flashed my device according to this community and I am very grateful of the info here . I own a galaxy s2 at&t (sgh-i777)
and I have currently flashed a CM11 rom nightly compiled with linaro and sabertooth ... After getting some bugs with it I wanted to flash another CM11 rom and I followed all the steps as always and I got this status 7 error . I read here that it was a rom problem but when I tried to flash the same CM11 rom that was flashed on my device it gave the same error about operation aborted and again status 7 error .
So I wanted to ask will this "deleting the assert files on the rom components" fix the problem?
yes it would solve the problem...is there any possibility you are trying to flash a rom that is not made for your device?
The Following User Says Thank You to kostoulhs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Galaxy.orion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up No I checked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostoulhs View Post
yes it would solve the problem...is there any possibility you are trying to flash a rom that is not made for your device?
No I checked it several times . I did delete the lines and flashed and it did work thnx for the response