Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] really confused which earbuds should i go for ?

OP shahrukh22

3rd May 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I am coonfused which earbud brand should i go for. Bose , beats , klipsh, shure, senheisser, bower n wilkins, monster? I want bass , good sound quality , clear n crisp sound . In short should be a combo.please suggest?? Is bose ie series good? I am ready to spend 150$ . But dont want waste money on some crap. Thanks
3rd May 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrukh22

I am coonfused which earbud brand should i go for. Bose , beats , klipsh, shure, senheisser, bower n wilkins, monster? I want bass , good sound quality , clear n crisp sound . In short should be a combo.please suggest?? Is bose ie series good? I am ready to spend 150$ . But dont want waste money on some crap. Thanks

Plz reply guys
4th May 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,685

2,320 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have the Bose IE use it all the time and they are honestly phenomenal. Excellent sound quality, great bass balance, crisp yet clear and not overpowering. They also hold up well when I go to the gym or bike and run. Beats are better for headphones, Bower and Wilkins are decent, the rest are in my humble opinion often not that good or the sound balance I'm looking for. Overall if you can try anything first I would otherwise, you won't regret the Bose IE.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th May 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

I have the Bose IE use it all the time and they are honestly phenomenal. Excellent sound quality, great bass balance, crisp yet clear and not overpowering. They also hold up well when I go to the gym or bike and run. Beats are better for headphones, Bower and Wilkins are decent, the rest are in my humble opinion often not that good or the sound balance I'm looking for. Overall if you can try anything first I would otherwise, you won't regret the Bose IE.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey mate thanks. I just bought RHA earbuds . Model is RHA MA750i. They are truly amazing . Uk based brand. Sound is what i wanted. Bassy, isolation and loudness. I went for bose or beats. But was discouraged for beats and for bose the earbuds do not provide complete isolation because they are not designed that way. I know class of bose but i think they work on accoustic , clarity and it seems the person singing is next to u. But i like bassy witb clarity. These rha caused a damage of 150$ but ib think they are worth. In such competitive market they have bring out something nice. Atleast i am liking them and built quality is par excellence. The wire is too thick that it seems to be a solid piece of earbuds. I m happy though
4th May 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 316

1,101 posts
More
Quote:

Hey mate thanks. I just bought RHA earbuds . Model is RHA MA750i. They are truly amazing . Uk based brand. Sound is what i wanted. Bassy, isolation and loudness. I went for bose or beats. But was discouraged for beats and for bose the earbuds do not provide complete isolation because they are not designed that way. I know class of bose but i think they work on accoustic , clarity and it seems the person singing is next to u. But i like bassy witb clarity. These rha caused a damage of 150$ but ib think they are worth. In such competitive market they have bring out something nice. Atleast i am liking them and built quality is par excellence. The wire is too thick that it seems to be a solid piece of earbuds. I m happy though

$150? Buy 15 pairs of Sony ED12LPs off eBay.
4th May 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #6  

10 posts
I would say it's all about personal preference - everyone's sensitivity is different, also it depends on the music you listen to and your preference of sound.

Saying that, I usually try sennheiser before anything else since in my DJing days they always had the best noise-cancelling high-volume headphones for noisy environments. But their budget headphones were not good.

Possibly an out-dated saying but one that has stuck with me because I've always found it to be true: "No highs, no lows, must be Bose". Although that was usually about their speakers, not headphones.

The other professional brand is Shure, they have a long history in professional audio so while I haven't tried them, if I were you I would give it a go.

If you cannot try them out, I suggest finding the models you're thinking of getting in Amazon.co.uk - they almost always have a lot of reviews by people who have bought them in the past - check out all the ratings from the 1-stars to the 5-stars. I find the 1, 2 and 3 stars to be helpful. If more than 10% of the reviews are either 1 or 2 stars then it's a sign that they're not very good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread