Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

W8.1 Doesn't recognize Ace in download mode

Tip us?

camufix
Old
(Last edited by camufix; 4th May 2014 at 11:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default W8.1 Doesn't recognize Ace in download mode

Here is my history,

I was trying to unlock S5830, so I rooted and placed a custom rom (MaclawStudio ROM Final 3), kernel 2.6.37.6-maclawstudio.

I found my unlock key and when the phone asked for it, I went head! Problem is that I cant get any network service. And I know that the unlock key was correct (tryed two methods a hex method and an app method).

So I'm trying to go back to the stock rom, with odin 4.38 (w7 compatibility (im running w8.1 64x) and with admin rights) one package.

But my laptop recognizes the phone except when in download mode. Can anyone help me? I just need to really unlock the phone... thanks ppl.

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by camufix View Post
Here is my history,

I was trying to unlock S5830, so I rooted and placed a custom rom (MaclawStudio ROM Final 3), kernel 2.6.37.6-maclawstudio.

I found my unlock key and when the phone asked for it, I went head! Problem is that I cant get any network service. And I know that the unlock key was correct (tryed two methods a hex method and an app method).

So I'm trying to go back to the stock rom, with odin 4.38 (w7 compatibility (im running w8.1 64x) and with admin rights) one package.

But my laptop recognizes the phone expect when in download mode. Can anyone help me? I just need to really unlock the phone... thanks ppl.
Sadly Samsung drivers and odin doesn't work well on Windows 8 atleast for Galaxy Ace. Try flashing stock rom on a Windows XP or 7 pc. It should work. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

camufix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default YAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
Sadly Samsung drivers and odin doesn't work well on Windows 8 atleast for Galaxy Ace. Try flashing stock rom on a Windows XP or 7 pc. It should work. Hope I Helped
That easy... but it worked.... I spent 2 weeks struggling with this... And all I had to do was to switch laptops.... Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to camufix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by camufix View Post
That easy... but it worked.... I spent 2 weeks struggling with this... And all I had to do was to switch laptops.... Thank you!
Glad I could help buddy
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU