Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power button hangs up during calls

Tip us?

Trixanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Power button hangs up during calls

I just found out that the power button hangs up during phone calls both with headset plugged in and without.
It's disabled in accessibility settings - I tried enabling it but doesn't change anything. I have also tried rebooting.

I don't know when this behavior started so I can't quite pinpoint the culprit.

I'm rooted, TWRP recovery (AutoRec), stock rom D802 20d with custom kernel (latest dorimanx kernel).

I think it might be the kernel but I'm not sure.
Your help will be greatly appreciated

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,426
Go to phone app then setting and there should be an option to end call with power button, another way to enable it is by getting your screen cracked and the phone somehow knows it's broken and ask if you would like to enable the feature (it happened to me when my phone fell and screen got damged)

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399171541142.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	2724392  
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trixanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Go to phone app then setting and there should be an option to end call with power button, another way to enable it is by getting your screen cracked and the phone somehow knows it's broken and ask if you would like to enable the feature (it happened to me when my phone fell and screen got damged)

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
Thanks again for your help. Alas, that setting is also disabled. I tried both enabling it and then disabling it again. Neither were successful.

Do you know if a kernel can cause this? Or might it be the rom? I'm considering trying cloudy, but from what I've read I won't receive updates to Google Apps through Google play. That sounds annoying :-/