Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knock on does not work when phone is charging

Tip us?

sachilleas
Old
(Last edited by sachilleas; 2nd May 2014 at 08:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default Knock on does not work when phone is charging

Knock on works well for me (most of the time) . Trouble starts when I charge g2 (always via its original charger that came with it).
Knock off works correctly all the time but knock on works only for about half a minute or less after I turn off the screen.
Weirdest thing of all is that when the phone is charged (100% - green light , but the phone is still plugged) knock on feauture works as it should. I don't know what to think of it. It seems like a software bug but I am not sure after all.

Edit : Knock on works ok when phone is charging via pc's usb. I really don't know what to think of.

djpeesh
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Update the touch firmware by going to the hidden menu (3845#*xxx#) where xxx is your model number.

Go to hw test and scroll down to touch and update touch firmware. Should do the trick

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Now: LG G2 802
Previously: Samsung Galaxy S4 <- SONY Xperia ZR (C5502) <- Motorola RAZR Maxx (XT910) <- HTC Sensation XE <- Blackberry Bold 9780 <- HTC Nexus One <- Blackberry Curve 8900 <- Nokia E71 <- Nokia E51 <- HTC TyTN II <- Nokia 1100 <- Nokia 3315
The Following User Says Thank You to djpeesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sachilleas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Update the touch firmware by going to the hidden menu (3845#*xxx#) where xxx is your model number.

Go to hw test and scroll down to touch and update touch firmware. Should do the trick

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
I have done it. Nothing changed. Very weird behaviour.

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilleas View Post
I have done it. Nothing changed. Very weird behaviour.
It sounds like phone goes into deep sleep without the kernel " listen" for knock on.
Did you try hard reset? Or reflashing the rom?
In the hidden launcher menu, is an option only for knock off.
Weird....

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)
The Following User Says Thank You to chaki- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I think this is normal. Mines the same. Its no big deal
........ The one who knocks .......................................LG D802..CM 11..Twrp 2.7
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]