Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Chromecast is sketchy with mlb atbat

OP ogboot

23rd April 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

157 posts
N5, stock & rooted. Chromecast, 16664 firmware unrootable.
MLB recently added casting support to their mobile app but frankly it's pretty bad for me. Casting from a chrome tab on a PC works "fine", but I can't get more than a few innings when casting from the atbat app before it freezes. Then, in order to restart the stream you have to disconnect/reconnect the cc in the app, not simply reload the stream.
Anyone on a custom ROM tried it? Anyone else seen this, possible fixes?

My CC is on usb power from the TV so it sees fresh boots frequently. I've rebooted after a freeze only to get one batter's worth of feed afterward.

All other casting apps work great, but sadly not my most expensive streaming service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd April 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 9

40 posts
More
I'm watching an archived game right now after plugging into a different power source besides the TV so far no freezes. I will try a live game tomorrow. It's possible the USB port on the TV doesn't supply constant enough power or something.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
Last edited by pawdog; 23rd April 2014 at 08:26 AM.
23rd April 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
Only when casting from the app though? Google play movies, Hulu, Netflix; all of these services cast from their app without issue. I can also cast a whole game from a PC to the CC just fine.

I'll try an archive game tonight, I imagine that's a bit different than a live stream.

Last edited by ogboot; 23rd April 2014 at 02:32 PM.
23rd April 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
I loaded the same game up as an archive and i'm about to turn it off because it's been playing for over 2.5 hours with no issues. It's only the live streams that have problems.

EDIT/UPDATE: So today, Live streams are worse. Every live stream I click on plays a couple frames then gives error 1. Nice.
Last edited by ogboot; 24th April 2014 at 02:02 AM.
25th April 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 9

40 posts
More
My live streams are perfect now that my device is no longer plugged into the TV for power.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
Was AFK for a while, gave the mlb team some feedback about it & all is good, confirmed after several live games. They're actively tweaking on their end so GJ mlb. Still plugged into TV and all is fine, that wasn't my issue. Maybe your TV doesn't provide enough power on the usb port?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread