OP acejavelin

1st May 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 550

1,826 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got my son a new Moto G 16GB GPE (XT1032) about 3 weeks ago from Google, it is stock, locked, unrooted, and on the current firmware. It works well for the most part but sometimes on a call the earpiece volume will get very low and muddy even when set on max... sometimes just turning the volume way down then back up will clear the problem, otherwise a reboot always seems to clear it up for a few days then the trouble seems to return. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, although I haven't been able to verify it, the WiFi will randomly disconnect... He tells me he is in the living room (about 25' from our Asus RT-N66U router) he will be on his phone and it will suddenly switch 3G for a bit then switch back for no reason. No other device in the house has any issues and I have verified his WiFi Advanced settings match my Nexus 4 which has no issues. Now, we do have an extremely cluttered 2.4Ghz WiFi area in our area, being in and surrounded by apartment buildings and a hotel very close, but no other device has issues (Nexus 4, LG G2, two HP laptops, a cheapo Android tablet, and WiiU).

Are these common issues with this device? Do you thing a FDR would help, we haven't done one since it came out of the box?

Just looking for a little feedback since I am tired of hearing "it's a piece of crap" from him since it seems like a great device... he is kind of leaning towards moving to a Lumia 520 just for the cost and giving me back the Moto.
4th May 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bismarck, ND

1,826 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bump... Anyone? Or is this really unusual?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
For the call volume issue, try setting the in call volume to one level below the max. Seems to have fixed the problem for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectcrono For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bismarck, ND

1,826 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectcrono

For the call volume issue, try setting the in call volume to one level below the max. Seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Thanks... I'll give that a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread