Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't unlock? Try this!

Tip us?

Trevor_g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Can't unlock? Try this!

Finally scraped up the nerve to unlock my TF701 last night. Running Chromi-X with no issues. (Great experience so far!)

However -- once I sideloaded the Asus unlock tool and tried to unlock, I received the same misleading "internet connection" errors that others have reported. I swear, I hit the "unlock" button a hundred times in a row... no dice. Very frustrating!

As a last ditch effort, I connected my tablet to my phone (tethered over BT)... BOOM. First try!
It asked me for my Google credentials immediately, and I was unlocked. For some reason, the unlock tool didn't like my home WiFi connection?

So give that a shot if it helps.

-Trevor

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor_g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suprtrukr425
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_g View Post
Finally scraped up the nerve to unlock my TF701 last night. Running Chromi-X with no issues. (Great experience so far!)

However -- once I sideloaded the Asus unlock tool and tried to unlock, I received the same misleading "internet connection" errors that others have reported. I swear, I hit the "unlock" button a hundred times in a row... no dice. Very frustrating!

As a last ditch effort, I connected my tablet to my phone (tethered over BT)... BOOM. First try!
It asked me for my Google credentials immediately, and I was unlocked. For some reason, the unlock tool didn't like my home WiFi connection?

So give that a shot if it helps.

-Trevor

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Thank you for this. I was about to pull my hair out.
AT&T HTC One (M8) - unlocked/s-off/rooted stock
Asus Transformer TF701T - unlocked/rooted stock

ilboyvm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Must I conncet the Internet when unlock?

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Carbon Rom for now

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.