Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root?

Tip us?

mikeakanice
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to root?

Hey everyone. I just got this note pro today from Amazon. I've read about a lot of functionality you can get from rooting your device. The thing is I have no clue how to root a device. I've looked around the internet and to be quite honest I'm still not quite sure how to properly root the device. I was hoping someone could maybe point out or give me step by step instructions on how to root a device. Including making backups and the programs needed. I'm totally a noob in this and quite terrified of destroying a 685.00 dollar device. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time out. The reason I'm rooting is because I want to get better battery life and be able to run any app in multiview mode. (Student who wants to go multiview with amazon ebooks and a note taking app)

Serinety
Old
Thanks Meter 330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
Hey everyone. I just got this note pro today from Amazon. I've read about a lot of functionality you can get from rooting your device. The thing is I have no clue how to root a device. I've looked around the internet and to be quite honest I'm still not quite sure how to properly root the device. I was hoping someone could maybe point out or give me step by step instructions on how to root a device. Including making backups and the programs needed. I'm totally a noob in this and quite terrified of destroying a 685.00 dollar device. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time out. The reason I'm rooting is because I want to get better battery life and be able to run any app in multiview mode. (Student who wants to go multiview with amazon ebooks and a note taking app)
I'm not sure which Internet your using.... you must not be looking very hard because your answer is in this very forum. In fact , there is a great big thread about it a few lines down. If after reading said thread you still have a question, I suggest asking IN that thread.

Every one here loves to help out, but you gotta put in at least a TINY bit of effort dude.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk