Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The oppo find 7a or the Z2?

Tip us?

finoqq84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default The oppo find 7a or the Z2?

Hi guys, i am currently using the Z2, its great, the camera is superb. The downside is the shutting down of the camera during recording of regular 1020p video ... very annoying!! Recently the oppo find 7a was launched & i was amazed by the specs. The design , ESPECIALLY THE CAMERA!!!.The only down side is the COLOUR OS. ITS UGLY, VERY UGLY... By the way, just need some comments if its worth the switch? Have been reading oppo find 7a reviews these weeks... very tempting to switch over... what you guys think?

robt772000
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Comparison threads are strictly a no no.
But...Z2 is waterproof, has better materials and a better camera.
Wait for an update. Most shutdowns are being worked on.
N1 to SGS2 to SGN to HOX T3 to G1 Dev ed. grey Lumia 920 to yellow 920 back to N1 then a Sony Xperia Z via a Mozart and now a black and a silver M7 and now a Nexus 4 and a HD2 running WP7.8 and then a Note 3 back to a silver 64gb HTC One M7 and now HTC One M8 and now a Sony Xperia Z2 back to a 32gb M8 and now a G watch.

finoqq84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
lets really hope that SONY will fix this shutting down issues, as shutting down the camera after recording on normal 1080p for abt 14mins is too short.

Sean473
Old
Thanks Meter 87
By the time everything is fixed, the Z3 will be out in September.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
New Phone: 16GB LG G2 D802
Past Phones: Nokia 6600 Slide, 16GB iPhone 4 Black, 16GB Pearl Blue Samsung Galaxy S3 lag edition, 16 GB Black Xperia Z1 C6903

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19
It's not even a comparison. The oppo has a ton of problems. Especially battery life. I've got one and I have ordered a z2 and Will be returning the find 7. Mine just lost 30 percent battery overnight without a sim card in it and WiFi off. And then if I try to plug it in when I'm in the car, the phone constantly reboots. I've tried 3 car chargers. Save some frustration and spend the extra money for the z2. If the only problem is that I can't video for more than 15 minutes then I'm fine with that. Don't think I've ever tried to video with a phone for more than 5 minutes anyway.

finoqq84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
It's not even a comparison. The oppo has a ton of problems. Especially battery life. I've got one and I have ordered a z2 and Will be returning the find 7. Mine just lost 30 percent battery overnight without a sim card in it and WiFi off. And then if I try to plug it in when I'm in the car, the phone constantly reboots. I've tried 3 car chargers. Save some frustration and spend the extra money for the z2. If the only problem is that I can't video for more than 15 minutes then I'm fine with that. Don't think I've ever tried to video with a phone for more than 5 minutes anyway.
oh is it true? Oh gosh.. I thought that in terms of specs the find 7a is better, especially the camera..
Thanks for letting us know abt the experience of the 7a

robertopod1968
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by finoqq84 View Post
oh is it true? Oh gosh.. I thought that in terms of specs the find 7a is better, especially the camera..
Thanks for letting us know abt the experience of the 7a
Well it uses a Sony camera. And from what I've seen and read in the reviews, the 50mp setting is more of a gimmick than something functional