Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 50,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need some help with kernels, please.

Tip us?
 
niphoet
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default I need some help with kernels, please.

Hello, I'm not new to custom ROMs and kernels but I'm kinda new to HTC devices (last one I had was the Evo 4g). I have the m7att. I've unlocked the bootloader, set S-OFF, and installed TWRP and CM11 (5/2 nightly right now). I've tried the following kernels:

STi_Kernel-v.20.zip
teaMseven_v57_CM11_CPUQUIET_BACK_HOME_MENU.zip

and with both I just get stuck at the white HTC screen. I can force it to reboot and go into recovery, reflash my ROM and I'm okay. I really want a kernel that supports fast charge and remapping the buttons (including the HTC button). Is it possible that the version of CM11 that I'm running is too new for these kernels?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
clsA
Old
#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 878
Posts: 3,265
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by niphoet View Post
Hello, I'm not new to custom ROMs and kernels but I'm kinda new to HTC devices (last one I had was the Evo 4g). I have the m7att. I've unlocked the bootloader, set S-OFF, and installed TWRP and CM11 (5/2 nightly right now). I've tried the following kernels:

STi_Kernel-v.20.zip
teaMseven_v57_CM11_CPUQUIET_BACK_HOME_MENU.zip

and with both I just get stuck at the white HTC screen. I can force it to reboot and go into recovery, reflash my ROM and I'm okay. I really want a kernel that supports fast charge and remapping the buttons (including the HTC button). Is it possible that the version of CM11 that I'm running is too new for these kernels?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
yes use only the kernels that are approved by CM11
it's also a good idea to wipe delvic / cache after flashing the kernel before the reboot
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
niphoet
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
yes use only the kernels that are approved by CM11
it's also a good idea to wipe delvic / cache after flashing the kernel before the reboot
I've done that but still no luck. Right now I'm on Viper 6.10. Thanks to Xposed and all of the options in the ROM, I have it to about 90% AOSP look and feel.
 
clsA
Old
#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 878
Posts: 3,265
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by niphoet View Post
I've done that but still no luck. Right now I'm on Viper 6.10. Thanks to Xposed and all of the options in the ROM, I have it to about 90% AOSP look and feel.
Theirs also many GPE roms if you like that senseless stuff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2348176

http://insertcoin-roms.org/category/devices/one_m7/ge/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722134

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2356654

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544119

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400161
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes