Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting mistake

Tip us?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHippo View Post
I indeed just flashed the boot.img seperately which was in the rom, and now it works. It's a huge relief to see my phone work again, thanks a lot!!

One more thing so I avoid messing up in the future; When I decide to install another rom, do I always do a factory reset / clear cache, then flash the rom and flash the kernel via fasboot?

FULL wipe --> format system, data, cache, dalvik --> flash rom --> immediately go to fastboot and flash the kernel --> reboot and done

Just try to get S-OFF, then the kernel get installed with the rom via recovery
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CrackedHippo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
FULL wipe --> format system, data, cache, dalvik --> flash rom --> immediately go to fastboot and flash the kernel --> reboot and done

Just try to get S-OFF, then the kernel get installed with the rom via recovery
Looks like I was cheering too early. Roughly 1 minute after launching my phone, .comSystemGUI or something along those lines stopped working, and whenever I pressed "ok" the message would instantly return. I can't connect my phone to my PC to put another ROM on it since the message won't disappear. Also I tried re-flashing the same ROM, but now it says can't mount storage/sdcard0.
Really frustrating!

CrackedHippo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2206434
This topic guided me into getting the sdcard mountable again, but in the process I lost the rom .zip file.
And my phone won't boot anymore, it doesn't get past the HTC logo, so I can't put a new rom on it and flash it.
What is there left for me to do? Stock rom? How do I find the stock rom?
Thanks in advance.

CrackedHippo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I figured it out, thanks for your guidance LS.xD!
Basically what I did was mount the SD storage in CWM and transfer Pac-man rom onto the storage, then flash the .zip, flash Gapps and finally in bootloader fastboot the boot.img (because I'm S-ON). Maybe this will help anyone.

EDIT: Someone may wanna be careful with using TWRP, it corrupted my SD storage for a while.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHippo View Post
I figured it out, thanks for your guidance LS.xD!
Basically what I did was mount the SD storage in CWM and transfer Pac-man rom onto the storage, then flash the .zip, flash Gapps and finally in bootloader fastboot the boot.img (because I'm S-ON). Maybe this will help anyone.

EDIT: Someone may wanna be careful with using TWRP, it corrupted my SD storage for a while.
SD card bug can also be caused by CWM or flashing a rom (Viper really loves to brick SD). I never had any issues with TWRP. The only SD card bug I had in over a year flashing roms to my One S was caused by flashing CWM

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...