Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooting mistake

OP CrackedHippo

4th May 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #11  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHippo

I indeed just flashed the boot.img seperately which was in the rom, and now it works. It's a huge relief to see my phone work again, thanks a lot!!

One more thing so I avoid messing up in the future; When I decide to install another rom, do I always do a factory reset / clear cache, then flash the rom and flash the kernel via fasboot?

FULL wipe --> format system, data, cache, dalvik --> flash rom --> immediately go to fastboot and flash the kernel --> reboot and done

Just try to get S-OFF, then the kernel get installed with the rom via recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

FULL wipe --> format system, data, cache, dalvik --> flash rom --> immediately go to fastboot and flash the kernel --> reboot and done

Just try to get S-OFF, then the kernel get installed with the rom via recovery

Looks like I was cheering too early. Roughly 1 minute after launching my phone, .comSystemGUI or something along those lines stopped working, and whenever I pressed "ok" the message would instantly return. I can't connect my phone to my PC to put another ROM on it since the message won't disappear. Also I tried re-flashing the same ROM, but now it says can't mount storage/sdcard0.
Really frustrating!
4th May 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #13  
OP Member

47 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2206434
This topic guided me into getting the sdcard mountable again, but in the process I lost the rom .zip file.
And my phone won't boot anymore, it doesn't get past the HTC logo, so I can't put a new rom on it and flash it.
What is there left for me to do? Stock rom? How do I find the stock rom?
Thanks in advance.
4th May 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #14  
OP Member

47 posts
I figured it out, thanks for your guidance LS.xD!
Basically what I did was mount the SD storage in CWM and transfer Pac-man rom onto the storage, then flash the .zip, flash Gapps and finally in bootloader fastboot the boot.img (because I'm S-ON). Maybe this will help anyone.

EDIT: Someone may wanna be careful with using TWRP, it corrupted my SD storage for a while.
4th May 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #15  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHippo

I figured it out, thanks for your guidance LS.xD!
Basically what I did was mount the SD storage in CWM and transfer Pac-man rom onto the storage, then flash the .zip, flash Gapps and finally in bootloader fastboot the boot.img (because I'm S-ON). Maybe this will help anyone.

EDIT: Someone may wanna be careful with using TWRP, it corrupted my SD storage for a while.

SD card bug can also be caused by CWM or flashing a rom (Viper really loves to brick SD). I never had any issues with TWRP. The only SD card bug I had in over a year flashing roms to my One S was caused by flashing CWM

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread