Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone have experience with Hyperion Micropack or other high mAh batteries?

Tip us?

master4g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Does anyone have experience with Hyperion Micropack or other high mAh batteries?

Amazon has a Hyperion Micro pack battery which claims to have 3800mah packed into the size of the original s5 battery size (2800mah). Does anyone have any experience with these type of batteries ? Do they deliver or is it just fake hype?

Thanks

WillTheGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Definitely fake hype, there's no way they can pack 35% more juice in the same space. There's a thread regarding a "4300mAh" battery where the poster said it was better than the stock battery.

I do think they are just a tad bit thicker than the original battery, probably by a hair so I wouldn't be surprised if it was really a 2900-3000mAh battery which would give you the impression battery life is slightly better.

master4g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheGreat View Post
Definitely fake hype, there's no way they can pack 35% more juice in the same space. There's a thread regarding a "4300mAh" battery where the poster said it was better than the stock battery.

I do think they are just a tad bit thicker than the original battery, probably by a hair so I wouldn't be surprised if it was really a 2900-3000mAh battery which would give you the impression battery life is slightly better.
Do you have experience with these type of batteries or are you just assuming?

neugenusis
Old
(Last edited by neugenusis; 3rd May 2014 at 04:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
I have it. Came in the mail today. Bought 2x Micropack with wall charger. Label says capacity is 3800mah which I know is BS, but I needed extra batteries. I'm testing it out now.

Some notes comparing with OEM.
- NFC works
- Same dimensions
- It's weight is lighter.
- Drains ( percentage wise) faster.
- On first charge, charged faster.

My initial impressions tell me it's mah capacity is lower than OEM. I'll see if performance improves or not after a few more charge cycles.

WillTheGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g View Post
Do you have experience with these type of batteries or are you just assuming?
What's there to assume? Hyperion is a good company, but mAh rating is clearly subjective to them especially in the case of these batteries. Just Google search it if you don't believe me, it is fact that it's impossible to have that much higher capacity in the same battery size made with the same metals.

undergrad
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I had a 3800 mAh Hyperion battery for my S3 and it was fantastic.