[Q] using adb...

OP night-mayor

4th May 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
so i managed to soft brick an hdc note 3 clone , to my surprise the boot menu that came with it was upside down (you read that right) and while the option to factory reset it was there, no button gave the OK confirmation needed .
so next option was finding a suitable rom and doing the flash which came after hours of researching where needrom.com had few to test with and found drivers somewhere but would want to leave that as a final resort since this could brick it for good
now there was another option i came across yet need the assistance of an adb geek to help me with.
i originally bricked the device by copying build.prop to build.prop.bak in system folder then edited build.prop which lead it to soft brick, now the question, is there a way to use adb to access the device and delete old build.prop, then rename .bak one to build.prop?
please bare my noobness
4th May 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 320

1,117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-mayor

so i managed to soft brick an hdc note 3 clone , to my surprise the boot menu that came with it was upside down (you read that right) and while the option to factory reset it was there, no button gave the OK confirmation needed .
so next option was finding a suitable rom and doing the flash which came after hours of researching where needrom.com had few to test with and found drivers somewhere but would want to leave that as a final resort since this could brick it for good
now there was another option i came across yet need the assistance of an adb geek to help me with.
i originally bricked the device by copying build.prop to build.prop.bak in system folder then edited build.prop which lead it to soft brick, now the question, is there a way to use adb to access the device and delete old build.prop, then rename .bak one to build.prop?
please bare my noobness

This forum is not about clones - there are other places on xda where there are threads specific to certain clones and you can ask there.
4th May 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,124

7,350 posts
Donate to Me
More
Actually, regardless of clone or not, this is a standard ADB question.

However, it's in the wrong forum, so I'll move it to the Android General. Some folks there should be able to help you.

MD
4th May 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #4  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,124

7,350 posts
Donate to Me
More
Moved....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread