Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] using adb...

Tip us?

night-mayor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] using adb...

so i managed to soft brick an hdc note 3 clone , to my surprise the boot menu that came with it was upside down (you read that right) and while the option to factory reset it was there, no button gave the OK confirmation needed .
so next option was finding a suitable rom and doing the flash which came after hours of researching where needrom.com had few to test with and found drivers somewhere but would want to leave that as a final resort since this could brick it for good
now there was another option i came across yet need the assistance of an adb geek to help me with.
i originally bricked the device by copying build.prop to build.prop.bak in system folder then edited build.prop which lead it to soft brick, now the question, is there a way to use adb to access the device and delete old build.prop, then rename .bak one to build.prop?
please bare my noobness

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-mayor View Post
so i managed to soft brick an hdc note 3 clone , to my surprise the boot menu that came with it was upside down (you read that right) and while the option to factory reset it was there, no button gave the OK confirmation needed .
so next option was finding a suitable rom and doing the flash which came after hours of researching where needrom.com had few to test with and found drivers somewhere but would want to leave that as a final resort since this could brick it for good
now there was another option i came across yet need the assistance of an adb geek to help me with.
i originally bricked the device by copying build.prop to build.prop.bak in system folder then edited build.prop which lead it to soft brick, now the question, is there a way to use adb to access the device and delete old build.prop, then rename .bak one to build.prop?
please bare my noobness

This forum is not about clones - there are other places on xda where there are threads specific to certain clones and you can ask there.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 6,011

DONATE TO ME
Actually, regardless of clone or not, this is a standard ADB question.

However, it's in the wrong forum, so I'll move it to the Android General. Some folks there should be able to help you.

MD

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 6,011

DONATE TO ME
Moved....

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here