Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Firmware 4.4.2 (ND5)

Tip us?

ANDROIDXFOREVER
Old
Thanks Meter 23
yes

Barneyabz
Old
(Last edited by Barneyabz; 30th April 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Don't want to invalidate the warranty so can't root just now as it will trip knox. Six more months to go.

Shame that I have to stay on 4.3 for now and then I'll have to root if I want to upgrade to 4.4 and have full access to the sd card. Hope Google rethink this strategy. Security is all very well but not at the cost of having full access to my sd card.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Unbranded and staying on Android 4.3 due to SD card limitations in Android 4.4

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 30th April 2014 at 08:29 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz View Post
Don't want to invalidate the warranty so can't root just now as it will trip knox. Six more months to go.

Shame that I have to stay on 4.3 for now and then I'll have to root if I want to upgrade to 4.4 and have full access to the sd card. Hope Google rethink this strategy. Security is all very well but not at the cost of having full access to my sd card.
Only Samsung can fix the sdcard issue, Google will never enable external sdcards support again
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Barneyabz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well I'll root once guarentee is up in a bit and since 4.3 works for me I might just stay on it in the meantime.

I'll also be keeping an eye on Ubuntu on phones in the meanwhile. Just moved to android to get away from Apples walled garden approach so very disappointed with Google restricting sd card access.

Have already cancelled plans for two more android devices. I was going to get an Android tablet but now looking at windows 8.1 and was trying to convince my wife to move from Windows Phone to android because of full sd card access but no point now. Who knows maybe Microsoft will see an opportunity here and open up windows phone a bit more - anything to give them a boost in sales I would think!
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Unbranded and staying on Android 4.3 due to SD card limitations in Android 4.4

xdm9mm
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz View Post

I don't think google will rethink their sd card "stragedy". Their nexus phones have never supported micro sd cards from the beginning.
S4 LTE (M919) Stock 4.4.4 - LTE

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - buzzing sound

Note 3 (N9005) Stock ROOTED TW 4.4.2 (XXUEND5) -returned for faulty screen /// N900T - returned for faulty screen and buzzing speaker.

Note 2 (N7100 and N7105) - Sold

S4 (i9505) - GNG8 Stock rooted

S3 (i9300) - TW 4.3 Stock rooted (Still awesome phone)

ekre
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
I don't think google will rethink their sd card "stragedy". Their nexus phones have never supported micro sd cards from the beginning.
just to be correct, nexus one has an sd card slot but yes, its a prehistoric phone (the first nexus)

jetbruceli
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by celderic View Post
There is already an official kitkat thread. It is pointless making these threads for incremental updates.
Also it has the same changelog as ND3.

Sent from my SM-N9005
Can't agree more. This xda threads have gotten out of hand.

Forget the thanks button, i want a high five!! ✋
Forget thanks, I want a high five!

The Following User Says Thank You to jetbruceli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]