[Q] twrp crashes when i attempt a restore

2nd May 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
whenever i attempt to restore a back up from twrp it crashes just after 2 seconds

i reverted back to stock about a month ago through odin and i didnt realize that it was going to delete everything on the internal sdcard, and i have important documents that i need to get back ASAP, so luckily i had a back up of my previous roms before i reverted to stock, but when ever i have tried to restore a back up, no matter what one it crashes. ive even tried to back up the stock rom and restore that, still doesnt work. right now i installed negalites rom, hoping that it was just something with the stock, but still cant get any backup to restore

its very important that i get my documents back for legal proceeding so any help or any idea would be greatly appreciated thank you
3rd May 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #2  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,243

2,288 posts
More
This works to get your files (either in the data.tar(s) or media.tar(s)
4th May 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder

This works to get your files (either in the data.tar(s) or media.tar(s)

that did work to where i was able to access the system files and apps, but the app i downloaded saved my documents to the external sdcard, which got erased when i reverted back to stock, so i need to find a way to get those back if thats at all possible..
4th May 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #4  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,243

2,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by correct horse

that did work to where i was able to access the system files and apps, but the app i downloaded saved my documents to the external sdcard, which got erased when i reverted back to stock, so i need to find a way to get those back if thats at all possible..

If the file is on you External SD card there are many options to recover deleted files. I've posted about this a few times.
But you can try this to get you started.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, crash, restore, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread