NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Req] Help root htc desire 501

OP balboarocky

25th January 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #1  
balboarocky's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Hey, its been more than a month since this device was released in the market and it hasn't been rooted yet. I request some developers out here to please take a look into the device and help us getting it to root.
Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balboarocky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Question ROOT
Developers,
is there any work around going on to root HTC desire 501??? I am not able to see any progress with regards to this phone.
5th March 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesaru

Developers,
is there any work around going on to root HTC desire 501??? I am not able to see any progress with regards to this phone.

I have created a poll option for HTC Desire 501. Please provide your input here so that any one of the developer will look into it.Atleast we can root the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663868
Last edited by itsmesaru; 5th March 2014 at 10:14 AM.
15th March 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Thumbs up i have rooted my desire 501.. :)
for rooting desire 501 first you have to unlock its bootloader... i unlocked itt by using kingo bootloader unlocker (freeware application available for windows )
then root it using VROOT (chinese rooting app but available in english version too )
but before going for unlocking bootloader..back up all your data as it all will b lost.
28th March 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Unlock boot loader htc desire 501, not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahan.goswami

for rooting desire 501 first you have to unlock its bootloader... i unlocked itt by using kingo bootloader unlocker (freeware application available for windows )
then root it using VROOT (chinese rooting app but available in english version too )
but before going for unlocking bootloader..back up all your data as it all will b lost.

Dear Sir,
I have tried it but it stopped in the middle, I had to done Hard reset after that.
If you have done please, please upload a video (mini size)
Thanks
waiting reply
6th April 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by her121

Dear Sir,
I have tried it but it stopped in the middle, I had to done Hard reset after that.
If you have done please, please upload a video (mini size)
Thanks
waiting reply

Its worked for me,. got unlock boot-loader through htcdev.com, rooted through Vroot.apk application.

But So many applications are missed like Calculator, Flashlight, Ringtone Trimmer and Teeter game.
All stock applications are not available on net, After two or three days later one day polaris office not going started, Any way I have installed
polaris office 5.
Last edited by her121; 6th April 2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: some mistake in matter
4th May 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Thumbs up htc desire 501 dual root and stock android
Plzzz I Want To root my new htc desire 501 dual sim ,,
want latest android .......

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes