Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odd problem installing latest CM11 Builds (install wizard FCs)

Tip us?

Jigsjdg
Old
(Last edited by Jigsjdg; 4th May 2014 at 11:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Odd problem installing latest CM11 Builds (install wizard FCs)

I've been trying to install the latest CM11 builds, both the April 27th NIGHTLY and the May 3rd RC5, downloaded from the androidarmv6.org site.
Been using CWM 6.4.0.7.
Steps taken: Reset to factory (wipe /data and /cache). Flashed the image. Rebooted to phone.

It reboots okay and it allows me to make an Emergency Call, but, the Android Setup wizzard stops when I select the right language (the right language comes detected/preselected, actually) and hit the 'Next' button (the kind of 'Play' arrow). It just force closes on me.

I tried reverting to the CM March 17th build which worked fine before and it does the exact same thing on me, too... while it did work before...!

What am I missing?? Hope some can help!
Thx!!!

waqaswasil
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsjdg View Post
I've been trying to install the latest CM11 builds, both the April 27th NIGHTLY and the May 3rd RC5, downloaded from the androidarmv6.org site.
Been using CWM 6.4.0.7.
Steps taken: Reset to factory (wipe /data and /cache). Flashed the image. Rebooted to phone.

It reboots okay and it allows me to make an Emergency Call, but, the Android Setup wizzard stops when I select the right language (the right language comes detected/preselected, actually) and hit the 'Next' button (the kind of 'Play' arrow). It just force closes on me.

I tried reverting to the CM March 17th build which worked fine before and it does the exact same thing on me, too... while it did work before...!

What am I missing?? Hope some can help!
Thx!!!
Flash PhilZ Recovery, Go To Wipe Menu In PhilZ Recovery and Select "Clean to install a new ROM", Now Flash ZIP and then only wipe data, if it does not work, delete setupwizard.apk from /system/app inside the zip and flash again
The Following User Says Thank You to waqaswasil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jigsjdg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqaswasil View Post
Flash PhilZ Recovery, Go To Wipe Menu In PhilZ Recovery and Select "Clean to install a new ROM", Now Flash ZIP and then only wipe data, if it does not work, delete setupwizard.apk from /system/app inside the zip and flash again
Thanks for your quick answer!
Going over the installation instructions for PhilZ and consecutively a new ROM, I found I had missed one step: format /system before flashing a new ROM...
With my "old" CWM 6.4.0.7 still on, I managed to install the RC5 build from androidv6arm.org... And it seems to work just fine.

waqaswasil
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsjdg View Post
Thanks for your quick answer!
Going over the installation instructions for PhilZ and consecutively a new ROM, I found I had missed one step: format /system before flashing a new ROM...
With my "old" CWM 6.4.0.7 still on, I managed to install the RC5 build from androidv6arm.org... And it seems to work just fine.
that's what "clean to install a new ROM" does i.e format /system, /data, /cache etc :P BTW IT IS CWM 6.0.4.7 aand you are typing 6.4.0.7, if I am wrong then please give me the link.

Jigsjdg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqaswasil View Post
that's what "clean to install a new ROM" does i.e format /system, /data, /cache etc :P BTW IT IS CWM 6.0.4.7 aand you are typing 6.4.0.7, if I am wrong then please give me the link.
LOL, me and numbers... could just as well have typed 6.0.7.4 and still meant 6.0.4.7. I got not the latest (PhilZ' ends with an 8, mine with a 7, so, likely 6.0.4.7 ;p )
I did check out PhilZ but as I had nothing I couldn't open a terminal window to install it per the instructions that come with it...