Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there Android devices that does not partition device memory?

Tip us?

kuromusha38
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Is there Android devices that does not partition device memory?

I'm ask this question on behalf of the AnkiDroid developers (I'm just a user, they are too busy so I'm asking), we are in the process of getting rid redundant functions in the menu. There is a function called "Use Internal Memory", so apparently it is designed to give the user the option to move AnkiDroid folder to the "internal memory" of the device.

The issue can be found here https://code.google.com/p/ankidroid/...detail?id=1351

You know how on Android devices, the device storage is partitioned into system memory and the reminder is called SDcard and the actually SD card is called extSdCard, anyways, basically we would like to know if there is a device that does not partition the device memory into system and sdcard, that is no internal sdcard partition, all device storage is just one partition.

And in your opinion, do you think such function is necessary at all?

If I'm posting in the wrong section, I do apologise in advance.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Android version: 4.4.2
Rom: Omega V27
Bootloader: ND3
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

opssemnik
Old
(Last edited by opssemnik; 4th May 2014 at 07:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38 View Post
I'm ask this question on behalf of the AnkiDroid developers (I'm just a user, they are too busy so I'm asking), we are in the process of getting rid redundant functions in the menu. There is a function called "Use Internal Memory", so apparently it is designed to give the user the option to move AnkiDroid folder to the "internal memory" of the device.

The issue can be found here https://code.google.com/p/ankidroid/...detail?id=1351

You know how on Android devices, the device storage is partitioned into system memory and the reminder is called SDcard and the actually SD card is called extSdCard, anyways, basically we would like to know if there is a device that does not partition the device memory into system and sdcard, that is no internal sdcard partition, all device storage is just one partition.

And in your opinion, do you think such function is necessary at all?

If I'm posting in the wrong section, I do apologise in advance.
nope, too much risk, imagine putting bootloader and imei in the same block? + being writable...
also, I don't think its need that function, however if it needs, then you check to see if an external sdcard mount point exists (/storage/sdcard1, /extsdcard, /external_sdcard,/mnt/storage1, /mnt/storage/sdcard1). if exists and you can write things on it, then the device haves external sdcard, then you check to see if internal is also writable/ readable(get itīs mount point using android api itself), then just for sake, you compare the mount points, if differs then device haves external and internal, if its the same, then its only external.
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb (broken)
Nexus 5 / D821 / 16gb / ? / ? / ? (not yet)
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - Android L Developer Preview
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - LS KK 3.1 (4.4.4)