Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A couple of things I can't seem to get definitive answers on.

Tip us?

Fenix Prime
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A couple of things I can't seem to get definitive answers on.

A little background: I have a Galaxy S4 I9505 running Android 4.3 and baseband version I9505XXUEMK9, unlocked. A while ago I decided to root my phone and play around with it, but later decided to take it back to normal and installed TouchWiz and 4.3 again and unroot. Now my warranty has been voided (KNOX is 0x1) and my device status is set to custom. Also, whenever I try and check for updates I get the message "Device modified, software updates unavailable."

My question is, in my phones current state will I still be able to get OTA updates? Even though I've voided my warranty and my device's status is custom, will I still be able to download Android and Samsung updates (like the new version of TouchWiz) OTA? Or will I have to root it again?

My other question is, should I be able to move the bottom shortcuts on my home screen? Like contacts, phonebook etc. No matter what I do I can't change or move them, if I hold them down nothing happens and I can't find the option on Settings.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

sinergybg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Fenix, I can not tell you for knox and OTA as I haven't rooted my phone but holding down on the shortcuts should work. I have i9505 and have no problem changing my bottom shortcuts by holding down and moving (drag/drop).

ranger4740
Old
Thanks Meter 443
For those bottom shortcuts you need to search for unlocking the dock.
If you had KitKat you could look at my thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656811

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend