[Q] Sense to GPe

1st May 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Here's my situation followed by a question...

I have the latest firmware and have read so much literature on how to convert from Sense to GPe. I have S-OFF, unlocked, no warming, 1.56 hboot, ARHD 62 (which is amazing) but I am really interested in going to GPe.

After reading many threads, digging all over XDA, and the web. Here's what I have learned.
1- Some threads say that I have to do the RUU before I can convert to GPe
2- Some have written if you have S-OFF and are unlocked, you can just flash GPe without the RUU step

My question, I currently have ARHD 62, can I just flash ARHD 6.1 or another GPe ROM as long as I do a full wipe, or must I first do the RUU step?
I am confused...

As for applications, I feel confident that there are .apk for almost all the cool sense features, like the remote. But please correct me if I am wrong.

Please trust when I say I have read for days, if not months on this but I just would love to find an answer that would save me some anxiety.
2nd May 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 891

3,051 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatacman

Here's my situation followed by a question...

I have the latest firmware and have read so much literature on how to convert from Sense to GPe. I have S-OFF, unlocked, no warming, 1.56 hboot, ARHD 62 (which is amazing) but I am really interested in going to GPe.

You can just flash a GPE rom if you're S-OFF. No need for the RUU.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

You can just flash a GPE rom if you're S-OFF. No need for the RUU.

That's what I thought but I wanted to be a 100% certain so I am not cleaning up my mess.

Thank you very much!
2nd May 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 184

667 posts
More
Converting to a full GPE RUU has its problems too.. You will have to change CID/MID before running the RUU and if you decide its not for you, you will find it much harder to convert back to Sense.. So do as previous post said. Flash ARHD 6.1 GPE.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th May 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Good advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid

Converting to a full GPE RUU has its problems too.. You will have to change CID/MID before running the RUU and if you decide its not for you, you will find it much harder to convert back to Sense.. So do as previous post said. Flash ARHD 6.1 GPE.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's true! I already have 111111111 I just did not want to be blowing up my time with a full conversion because I am just in an experimental phase.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread