Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sense to GPe

Tip us?

seatacman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [Q] Sense to GPe

Here's my situation followed by a question...

I have the latest firmware and have read so much literature on how to convert from Sense to GPe. I have S-OFF, unlocked, no warming, 1.56 hboot, ARHD 62 (which is amazing) but I am really interested in going to GPe.

After reading many threads, digging all over XDA, and the web. Here's what I have learned.
1- Some threads say that I have to do the RUU before I can convert to GPe
2- Some have written if you have S-OFF and are unlocked, you can just flash GPe without the RUU step

My question, I currently have ARHD 62, can I just flash ARHD 6.1 or another GPe ROM as long as I do a full wipe, or must I first do the RUU step?
I am confused...

As for applications, I feel confident that there are .apk for almost all the cool sense features, like the remote. But please correct me if I am wrong.

Please trust when I say I have read for days, if not months on this but I just would love to find an answer that would save me some anxiety.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatacman View Post
Here's my situation followed by a question...

I have the latest firmware and have read so much literature on how to convert from Sense to GPe. I have S-OFF, unlocked, no warming, 1.56 hboot, ARHD 62 (which is amazing) but I am really interested in going to GPe.
You can just flash a GPE rom if you're S-OFF. No need for the RUU.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seatacman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
You can just flash a GPE rom if you're S-OFF. No need for the RUU.
That's what I thought but I wanted to be a 100% certain so I am not cleaning up my mess.

Thank you very much!

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Converting to a full GPE RUU has its problems too.. You will have to change CID/MID before running the RUU and if you decide its not for you, you will find it much harder to convert back to Sense.. So do as previous post said. Flash ARHD 6.1 GPE.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seatacman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Converting to a full GPE RUU has its problems too.. You will have to change CID/MID before running the RUU and if you decide its not for you, you will find it much harder to convert back to Sense.. So do as previous post said. Flash ARHD 6.1 GPE.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's true! I already have 111111111 I just did not want to be blowing up my time with a full conversion because I am just in an experimental phase.