Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 37,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Firmware upgrade encountered an issue?

Tip us?

Leyend123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Firmware upgrade encountered an issue?

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 (Pebble Blue).

I downloaded Odin and tried to root it to CF-Root-SGS3, but using this tutorial video: youtube com watch?v=mndQZqom3Ac

Yes, I am a complete noob, therefore it failed. When I tried to turn it back on, it showed me this:

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

I did perform a full back up of my phone on Kies before starting, thankfully, but when I tried performing the emergency firmware recovery, it won't show my device in the list of devices requiring emergency recovery. I also don't know what the recovery code would be.

I also tried performing the firmware upgrade and initialization process, but it required my IMEI number, and I don't know how to find that without my phone working properly.

This is the other info my phone is showing:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (4 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

Please help. Thank you so much in advance!

counterfeit187
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Did you get this taken care of? Hopefully you havent been phoneless for the past few days. Can you still boot into download mode? if you can you should try to Odin the stock tar file for the latest firmware/system update (ND8). It's in a thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738533 You should be able try rooting again after this gets your phone up and running again. The only thing to worry about is that YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE after MK3 or ND8 without bricking your phone.
Devices: SPH-L710 (d2spr/Galaxys3), Nexus 7 (grouper), Asus TF300T
KitKat

Remember to thank helpful posts. (:
The Following User Says Thank You to counterfeit187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Leyend123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thank you!

I replied to your message, thanks again!