Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Multiple questions about the Moto G

Tip us?

kliu888
Old
(Last edited by kliu888; 23rd March 2014 at 12:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1080 View Post
yea i know ^^ i dont think you would read the whole thread but all the questions from the start have been answered already!

the only two questions open atm are the two from my last posting, one about inverted colors in a browser on android. and one about adding ringtones to my alarm. thanks nevertheless!

edit:

i have edited the answered questions on the first page to make it more clear
Sorry about that!

For ringtons for alarms, I just copied the ringtons I want to /sdcard/Alarms folder. Then after reboot, I was able to see them from alarm settings. Give it a try. Remeber to reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to kliu888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suresh0411
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wierd Problem

[QUOTE=suresh0411;51253021] My phone is dual sim Moto g running on Kitkat. I had a wierd problem.When I activated Accessebility function on my phone it got hanged.And after rebooting it several times I could not get out of it.The phone was freezed on the home screen .I had to go in the recovery and do the factory resetting then only i got the phone running.But I lost my contacts and some files.I had complained on chatting to the concerned person but apart from saying we will inform you he could not help much.Can any one describe why was this happened?
This problem is occuring frequently on phone.

bad1080
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliu888 View Post
Sorry about that!

For ringtons for alarms, I just copied the ringtons I want to /sdcard/Alarms folder. Then after reboot, I was able to see them from alarm settings. Give it a try. Remeber to reboot.
no need to excuse, and thanks for your answer! i really could have seen this one but i guess sometimes i miss the forest for the trees... ><

so then there is only [ one question ] left, cmon guys i know we can do this! ^^

bad1080
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrea View Post
You're welcome!
Check navigation bar settings in gravity box, you can change the size of the soft keys and gain space.
Go for that apps if you think you need more usable screensize (hard to believe)
'extended desktop' is really helpfull imo, it doesnt matter if youre reading with the kindle app, playing a game or just browsing the extra space is really nice to have. and an app isnt even neccessary thanks to the awesome xframework with gravity box
The Following User Says Thank You to bad1080 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bad1080
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
for my question here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=28

i found the best solution for now would be to use a rss reader (using feedly atm) that can easily display the content i want in the way i want (night mode), i am surprised that it seems to be such a big problem for android browsers...

bad1080
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
hi all!

i would like to set my device to 'mass storage device' mode, unfortunately this is not an option on the moto g. whats the easiest way to get it nevertheless. my phone is rooted and i have xframework installed, maybe there is an option i have missed in gravity box?!?

would an app like this be an option for kitkat android too? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1389375

i tried google but it only came up with multiple methods for other phones and the tip from the help on the motorola website isnt working either...

thanks for reading!