This procedure SHOULD
work if you have a ROGERS EVO 3D phone, as I imagine they are all the same. However if it doesn't, you must realize that you are doing this at your own risk and I am not
responsible if your phone gets damaged in any way.
NOTE: This will set the phone back to its original state when you first bought it.
If your phone was SIM Unlocked, it will not remove the Unlock.
1. Make sure your phone is charged. I don't know what could happen if you run out of juice when flashing back to stock ROM but I don't want to and I have a feeling that neither do you. Just leave it plugged in to the wall for two hours
just to be safe.
2. Before you do anything, make sure that you can get into the HBOOT. This is fairly easy, just take out the battery, put it back in and then hold both the power button and the volume down button until the HBOOT shows up. If it does show up, great, shut off your phone and move on to the next step. If it doesnt show up, keep trying. After 3 tries if it doesnt work, there are three reasons for this.
A) Your phone isn't charged. Plug it into the wall for two hours.
B) Your HBOOT is screwed up and you cant reach it. I can't help you with that. Look somewhere else or take it in to your warranty/provider.
C) You are having hardware problems. Faulty battery, phone charger not working, power button not working, volume button not working, all things you might want to check if you can. Look somewhere else or take it in to your warranty/provider.
3. Access your/a microSD. You might have noticed when you went inside your HBOOT that it was searching for a file. That file is actually the file that we need that will allow us to reset the phone to provider default. There are two different ways to access this.
A) Take out the card and connect it to the computer using a adapter. This is probably the easiest way and is almost guaranteed to work.
B) Since you have rooted your phone (and are in this unfortunate position) you might be familiar with a tool called REVOLUTIONARY (Previously called ClockWorkMod). Note this is only available if you have REVOLUTIONARY installed. You can access it in the HBOOT by scrolling down using the volume buttons to RECOVERY, hitting the power button to select, in REVOLUTIONARY going to mounts and storage and then select mount USB storage. Connect the usb adapter in both your phone and in your computer. It will show up in My Computer as if it is a flash drive. I used this method.
4. Download this file: http : //www . filefactory . com/file/49tsgwxc6bd3/n/FACTORY_RECOVERY_File_For_ROGERS_EVO_3d_zip (Remove the spaces. I am not allowed to post links till 8 posts in total so I must do this.)
5. Put the attached file onto the hard drive. Extract the "FACTORY_RECOVERY_File_For_ROGERS_EVO_3d.zip" and place the "PG86IMG.zip" on the root of the microSD. Plop the card back in the phone, turn off the phone once again and re-enter into HBOOT. The phone will find the PG86IMG.zip file and then ask if you would like to update. Scroll to yes, press the power button to select it, and watch. This process should take up to 3 - 6 minutes.
6. Once everything is said and done, it might reboot, but if it doesn't you can reboot it yourself. Start up your phone, and watch in amazement when your ROGERS screen appears and the phone comes back to life.