Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Republic Wireless Moto G Rooting

Tip us?

rino757
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Exclamation [Q] Republic Wireless Moto G Rooting

Has anyone has success in rooting RW's Moto G?
Mine is going to get here tomorrow and there are some apps that I can't live without; of course, they all require root.
I see that the Moto X (for RW) has been successfully rooted, but no news on the G.

If anyone is able to root this Moto G, I'd love to hear about it, as would tons of other customers of Republic Wireless.

Note: If the rooting was successful and the phone seems stable, please share the details as to the process you used.

rino757
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Update: After looking further into the situation, it seems that safestrap does not work on android 4.4.
The method for rooting the Moto X under RW requires safestrap, so maybe the Moto G does too?
Just my thoughts, it would be nice if someone responded with their own ideas.

jcmarv
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You're the first I have heard of someone having the Republic Wireless version. I see they just became available last month. Do you know what the model # is? Is it a XT1031 like the Boost (Sprint) version? Did u get the 8 or 16 gig version? Could you post what your firmware version is? Have you tried unlocking the boot loader through the Motorola website? I'm really curious about the RW version of these phones. Verizon and Boost don't have 16 gig versions. So, these are the first CDMA versions available with 16 gig of storage.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Seattle3D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Me too!

I just got this phone as well.

Not sure how to tell my model number. 16 G version. Firmware, is that baseband, kernal, or system version?

I tried unlocking the bootloader through Moto, the website said my phone was lot eligible.

Will post my info if you tell me where to look on the phone.

Tks,

E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarv View Post
You're the first I have heard of someone having the Republic Wireless version. I see they just became available last month. Do you know what the model # is? Is it a XT1031 like the Boost (Sprint) version? Did u get the 8 or 16 gig version? Could you post what your firmware version is? Have you tried unlocking the boot loader through the Motorola website? I'm really curious about the RW version of these phones. Verizon and Boost don't have 16 gig versions. So, these are the first CDMA versions available with 16 gig of storage.

jcmarv
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The firmware is the system version. I just curious. I'm not really sure where to look up the model #. Mine just says "Moto G" on that screen. That's cool that you got a 16 gig version. I wish Verizon had those!

Seattle3D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Right ON. Just switched from 7 years with Verizon....

My Model # is Moto G as well.

System Version: 175.44.27.falcon_cdma.RepublicWireless.en.US

Ideas?

E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarv View Post
The firmware is the system version. I just curious. I'm not really sure where to look up the model #. Mine just says "Moto G" on that screen. That's cool that you got a 16 gig version. I wish Verizon had those!

jcmarv
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle3D View Post

Ideas?
Unfortunately, no. So far, no one has found a way to get around these "not eligible" locked boot loaders.