[Q] air command themes

Search This thread

sequence2469

Dec 28, 2013
socal
Are there any air command themes that work with the sm p600. I'm running [ROM]Hashcheck-Hybrid-v1[P600][BUCND1 4.4.2]FAST. I've tried flashing the zips from the note 3 forums with no luck.

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
Are there any air command themes that work with the sm p600. I'm running [ROM]Hashcheck-Hybrid-v1[P600][BUCND1 4.4.2]FAST. I've tried flashing the zips from the note 3 forums with no luck.

You can edit them in framework.res apk with ninja morph. If you can wait till tomorrow I can post exactly how to do it if you want. I'm out right now and don't have my tablet. You can download ninja morph from play store and download the theme you want and I'll explain tommoro. It's very easy.

I tried to flash also but the note 3 has a different folder there in then ours so I think that's why they don't flash rite.

Last edited:
Reactions: sequence2469

sequence2469

Dec 28, 2013
socal
You can edit them in framework.res apk with ninja morph. If you can wait till tomorrow I can post exactly how to do it if you want. I'm out right now and don't have my tablet. You can download ninja morph from play store and download the theme you want and I'll explain tommorow. It's very easy.

That would be great, I'm in no hurry. Thanks for your help I didn't think of trying to modify the apk.

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
You have to open ninja morph and click new project.
Then click on system /framework/then framework res.apk, it will extract the apk.
Next you have to go into a file explorer, I use es file explorer.Click on android themes folder then workspace/framework res/res/drawable Xhdpi.
Then in that folder you will find the air command files.There are 10 files in there you need to replace.
Now go to your downloads and extract the air command zip you want.It will put a folder in your downloads of the extracted zip.In the extracted folder keep clicking until you can't go into anymore folders.Ill attach a screen shot of it with the 10 files .
Now copy those 10 files into workspace/framework res/res/drawable Xhdpi. It will ask you to replace the ones you have in there, just click yes.

Now your good to go. Open ninja morph again , make sure it restarts the app.Click on finish projects and you'll see framework res apk.Click that and it compiles file again.It will ask a few questions.I don't remember what but you need to replace that file you changed so I think that is 1 question. I think the other one is if you want to zip align it.I click no. I would make a copy of your framework apk before you change just in case something goes wrong but it also makes a backup in the Android themes folder. If you need help feel free to pm me.

I attached screen shot of the minion one I use and a screen shot of what files you need to copy.

Attachments

• 2014_05_04_00.51.12.jpg
    2014_05_04_00.51.12.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 2014_05_04_01.03.43.jpg
    2014_05_04_01.03.43.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 187

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
I also might have used astro file manager or root explorer to change the files. I definitely used es file explorer to extract the air command zip I used.

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
Thanks much for all your help! I'm going to see what I come up with and post a screen shot if I end up with something cool.

I was looking and if you download the one you want and go into the folder and get to drawable Xxhdpi and change to Xhdpi it might flash fine. I think because the double xx one is for note 3 and one X is for our tablet.Alls it can do is not work again.Ill yet tomorrow and see if it works.It would be a lot easier then doing what I explained.

Reactions: sequence2469

sequence2469

Dec 28, 2013
socal
I was looking and if you download the one you want and go into the folder and get to drawable Xxhdpi and change to Xhdpi it might flash fine. I think because the double xx one is for note 3 and one X is for our tablet.Alls it can do is not work again.Ill yet tomorrow and see if it works.It would be a lot easier then doing what I explained.

I figured it out. I unzipped the theme and renamed the res folder to drawable-sw800dp-xhdpi, then zipped the META-INF & vrtheme folders up. Flashed and it works perfect! Tried a couple different themes from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2628481 they all worked.
Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-11-19-18-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-19-18-43.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: arbit12

arbit12

Jan 12, 2014
I figured it out. I unzipped the theme and renamed the res folder to drawable-sw800dp-xhdpi, then zipped the META-INF & vrtheme folders up. Flashed and it works perfect! Tried a couple different themes from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2628481 they all worked.

Did you rename the res\drawable-xxhdpi? I am on Kitkat and unable to make it work. At best, I get the background fine and the icons displaced to the right.

sequence2469

Dec 28, 2013
socal
Did you rename the res\drawable-xxhdpi? I am on Kitkat and unable to make it work. At best, I get the background fine and the icons displaced to the right.

yes what i did was download a themed aircommand zip from the link to the other thread then unzipped it and renamed the folder then zipped back up and flashed. I your trying to theme one yourself you could download a zipped theme and look to see if there's a file your missing or need to change mabey.

arbit12

Jan 12, 2014
Finally working!

yes what i did was download a themed aircommand zip from the link to the other thread then unzipped it and renamed the folder then zipped back up and flashed. I your trying to theme one yourself you could download a zipped theme and look to see if there's a file your missing or need to change mabey.

Thanks. The missing links were two.

First, renaming to sw800dp-xhdpi instead of xhdpi. Maybe the kitkat upgrade changed the folder used, as the earlier posts all mentioned it worked fine with xhdpi.

Second, I had to resize some of the images from the themes by sibinn ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49861789#post49861789) The original size is optimised for Note 3 and also works fine on Note 2. In sw800dp folder though, the image sizes are slightly different. After resising, it worked perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to open ninja morph and click new project.
    Then click on system /framework/then framework res.apk, it will extract the apk.
    Next you have to go into a file explorer, I use es file explorer.Click on android themes folder then workspace/framework res/res/drawable Xhdpi.
    Then in that folder you will find the air command files.There are 10 files in there you need to replace.
    Now go to your downloads and extract the air command zip you want.It will put a folder in your downloads of the extracted zip.In the extracted folder keep clicking until you can't go into anymore folders.Ill attach a screen shot of it with the 10 files .
    Now copy those 10 files into workspace/framework res/res/drawable Xhdpi. It will ask you to replace the ones you have in there, just click yes.

Now your good to go. Open ninja morph again , make sure it restarts the app.Click on finish projects and you'll see framework res apk.Click that and it compiles file again.It will ask a few questions.I don't remember what but you need to replace that file you changed so I think that is 1 question. I think the other one is if you want to zip align it.I click no. I would make a copy of your framework apk before you change just in case something goes wrong but it also makes a backup in the Android themes folder. If you need help feel free to pm me.

I attached screen shot of the minion one I use and a screen shot of what files you need to copy.

You can edit them in framework.res apk with ninja morph. If you can wait till tomorrow I can post exactly how to do it if you want. I'm out right now and don't have my tablet. You can download ninja morph from play store and download the theme you want and I'll explain tommoro. It's very easy.

I tried to flash also but the note 3 has a different folder there in then ours so I think that's why they don't flash rite.
    Thanks much for all your help! I'm going to see what I come up with and post a screen shot if I end up with something cool.