Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast hdmi extender replacement

Tip us?

HbbS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chromecast hdmi extender replacement

After almost 10 months of usage my Chromecast hdmi extender that I happen to have used on all hdmi lateral ports of my household TVs started to malfunction. It is giving me blank screens, apparently the Chromecast weight after all this months finally took its toll.

I wonder if anyone here knows where I can get a replacement? I know that there are port savers sold online, but the one that came with Chromecast has a very specific lenght that I think will suit me well.

Any ideas/sugestions?

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
This one is a bit longer than you're looking for, but you may want to consider the 90-degree style if you can.

I know some Samsungs have recessed and fairly crowded ports, but it does help to reduce the torque on the connector. Torque and twisting especially along the "short" axis of the connector usually spells death, as it strains the connector's connection to the mainboard and eventually pops the "legs" of the connector (the part that connects to the mainboard) off.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'