OP shovenose

2nd May 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Rafael, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Hi everybody!

I've had my AT&T HTC One (M7? not the new one) for several months now and it's great. All of a sudden it's running really hot and chewing up battery. On the 1A wall charge it's fine but when charging from my computer it actually loses battery not stays charged or charging. This morning (about 9:30AM) it was at 100%. Now, just over two hours later, it's at 86%.

I uninstalled/disabled some extra apps. But it's still happening.
Usage according to the battery manager is:
Android System 56%
Google Play services 13%
Nova Launcher 7%
Mediaserver 7%
Android OS 6%

Any suggestions appreciated. My phone is not rooted or anything I am simply posting here because some of you are the smartest and most competent smartphone experts I know of, and have come up with some fantastic software and workarounds.
3rd May 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 144

753 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovenose

Hi everybody!

I've had my AT&T HTC One (M7? not the new one) for several months now and it's great. All of a sudden it's running really hot and chewing up battery. On the 1A wall charge it's fine but when charging from my computer it actually loses battery not stays charged or charging. This morning (about 9:30AM) it was at 100%. Now, just over two hours later, it's at 86%.

I uninstalled/disabled some extra apps. But it's still happening.
Usage according to the battery manager is:
Android System 56%
Google Play services 13%
Nova Launcher 7%
Mediaserver 7%
Android OS 6%

Any suggestions appreciated. My phone is not rooted or anything I am simply posting here because some of you are the smartest and most competent smartphone experts I know of, and have come up with some fantastic software and workarounds.

Turn off the auto light sense and set it for manual or use a third party app. The sensor polling and adjusting all the time eats the battery.
3rd May 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Rafael, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Hi, if you are referring to auto brightness, I disabled that, and it's not really helping. It's not getting quite as hot but battery is draining awfully fast and it is still warmer than usual.
4th May 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovenose

Hi, if you are referring to auto brightness, I disabled that, and it's not really helping. It's not getting quite as hot but battery is draining awfully fast and it is still warmer than usual.

Have you disabled everything you don't use?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread