Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Um where did my CWM recovery go?!?!?

Tip us?

Xplay21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Um where did my CWM recovery go?!?!?

So i installed the xperia nxt r1 rom and everything went well, but all of a sudden now whenever i try to reboot into recovery it just reboots my system??? can someone help me fix this since i need recovery to install new adds ons for my status bar

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplay21 View Post
So i installed the xperia nxt r1 rom and everything went well, but all of a sudden now whenever i try to reboot into recovery it just reboots my system??? can someone help me fix this since i need recovery to install new adds ons for my status bar
Are you using Doomlord kernel? As i recall, "reboot to recovery" doesn't work on Doomlord kernel (but you can keep pressing "back" button when powering on to enter recovery). If you are using lupus kernel, use "volume -" button

Xplay21
Old
(Last edited by Xplay21; 4th May 2014 at 01:42 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
Are you using Doomlord kernel? As i recall, "reboot to recovery" doesn't work on Doomlord kernel (but you can keep pressing "back" button when powering on to enter recovery). If you are using lupus kernel, use "volume -" button
Um.. both of them don't work.

I don't know if this is related but if i try to connect my phone to the pc, it recognises my phone but when i open flashtool i get the following messages "Checking root access" and then "root access denied" however i'm pretty sure i'm rooted, i mean my superuser app allows other apps such as link2sd and rom toolboxpro access

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Um.. both of them don't work.

I don't know if this is related but if i try to connect my phone to the pc, it recognises my phone but when i open flashtool i get the following messages "Checking root access" and then "root access denied" however i'm pretty sure i'm rooted, i mean my superuser app allows other apps such as link2sd and rom toolboxpro access
Your back/volume- button don't work or you are pressing it in wrong way.

As for flashtool, try to update busybox in phone

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

Xplay21
Old
(Last edited by Xplay21; 4th May 2014 at 02:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
The both work, how am i meant to press it?? And on start up theres no lupus kernel logo. On start up there is a sony ericcsson logo followed up by the xperia logo and then the xperia z boot animation

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
The both work, how am i meant to press it?? And on start up theres no lupus kernel logo. On start up there is a sony ericcsson logo followed up by the xperia logo and then the xperia z boot animation
SE logo? Are you on locked bootloader? With stock kernel?
If answer is yes, i can't help you much, because i don't remember anymore how to install recovery on locked bootloader

Xplay21
Old
(Last edited by Xplay21; 5th May 2014 at 12:41 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
SE logo? Are you on locked bootloader? With stock kernel?
If answer is yes, i can't help you much, because i don't remember anymore how to install recovery on locked bootloader
My bootloaders unlocked though :l and i remember entering recovery any times. it's just now it doesn't work

EDIT: FIXED! Just reinstalled CWM with 'CW Auto-Installer'