Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Um where did my CWM recovery go?!?!?

Tip us?
 
Xplay21
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Um where did my CWM recovery go?!?!?

So i installed the xperia nxt r1 rom and everything went well, but all of a sudden now whenever i try to reboot into recovery it just reboots my system??? can someone help me fix this since i need recovery to install new adds ons for my status bar
 
Bakisha
Old
#2  
Bakisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 467
Posts: 854
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplay21 View Post
So i installed the xperia nxt r1 rom and everything went well, but all of a sudden now whenever i try to reboot into recovery it just reboots my system??? can someone help me fix this since i need recovery to install new adds ons for my status bar
Are you using Doomlord kernel? As i recall, "reboot to recovery" doesn't work on Doomlord kernel (but you can keep pressing "back" button when powering on to enter recovery). If you are using lupus kernel, use "volume -" button

 
Xplay21
Old
(Last edited by Xplay21; 4th May 2014 at 01:42 PM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
Are you using Doomlord kernel? As i recall, "reboot to recovery" doesn't work on Doomlord kernel (but you can keep pressing "back" button when powering on to enter recovery). If you are using lupus kernel, use "volume -" button
Um.. both of them don't work.

I don't know if this is related but if i try to connect my phone to the pc, it recognises my phone but when i open flashtool i get the following messages "Checking root access" and then "root access denied" however i'm pretty sure i'm rooted, i mean my superuser app allows other apps such as link2sd and rom toolboxpro access
 
Bakisha
Old
#4  
Bakisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 467
Posts: 854
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplay21 View Post
Um.. both of them don't work.

I don't know if this is related but if i try to connect my phone to the pc, it recognises my phone but when i open flashtool i get the following messages "Checking root access" and then "root access denied" however i'm pretty sure i'm rooted, i mean my superuser app allows other apps such as link2sd and rom toolboxpro access
Your back/volume- button don't work or you are pressing it in wrong way.

As for flashtool, try to update busybox in phone

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

 
Xplay21
Old
(Last edited by Xplay21; 4th May 2014 at 02:35 PM.)
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2014
The both work, how am i meant to press it?? And on start up theres no lupus kernel logo. On start up there is a sony ericcsson logo followed up by the xperia logo and then the xperia z boot animation
 
Bakisha
Old
#6  
Bakisha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 467
Posts: 854
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplay21 View Post
The both work, how am i meant to press it?? And on start up theres no lupus kernel logo. On start up there is a sony ericcsson logo followed up by the xperia logo and then the xperia z boot animation
SE logo? Are you on locked bootloader? With stock kernel?
If answer is yes, i can't help you much, because i don't remember anymore how to install recovery on locked bootloader

 
Xplay21
Old
(Last edited by Xplay21; 5th May 2014 at 12:41 PM.)
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
SE logo? Are you on locked bootloader? With stock kernel?
If answer is yes, i can't help you much, because i don't remember anymore how to install recovery on locked bootloader
My bootloaders unlocked though :l and i remember entering recovery any times. it's just now it doesn't work

EDIT: FIXED! Just reinstalled CWM with 'CW Auto-Installer'

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more