Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROMs and WiFi tether

Tip us?

tamlin42
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] ROMs and WiFi tether

My Stock DNA is starting to prompt me to upgrade...surprised it took this long.

Anyhow, I use (depend on) FoxFi to tether over wifi, as I understand it, this doesn't work on KitKat yet (despite a recent breakthrough for samsung phones). I'm open to ROMs, already s-off, rooted, unlocked, so I need to know...

Which ROMs can Wifi Hotspot with or without the app? I still have unlimited data, if this is relevant information. Which one has the best following, and is most daily-driver ready? I used to enjoy fussing over my phone a lot more, but not as much since android and hardware got that much better. Thanks for any input!

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamlin42 View Post
My Stock DNA is starting to prompt me to upgrade...surprised it took this long.

Anyhow, I use (depend on) FoxFi to tether over wifi, as I understand it, this doesn't work on KitKat yet (despite a recent breakthrough for samsung phones). I'm open to ROMs, already s-off, rooted, unlocked, so I need to know...

Which ROMs can Wifi Hotspot with or without the app? I still have unlimited data, if this is relevant information. Which one has the best following, and is most daily-driver ready? I used to enjoy fussing over my phone a lot more, but not as much since android and hardware got that much better. Thanks for any input!
Viper DNA 4.0 is daily driver ready and the native wifi Hotspot is modified to work and it will not prompt you to upgrade your plan.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app