Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Player 4.0 Rom Error

Tip us?

KryptoKam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Player 4.0 Rom Error

I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 (yp-g1), and am trying to install the CM 11 Rom found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537248

When I select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom .zip, I get an error: "E: Short write of /tmp/sideload/package.zip (No space left on device)"

Can anyone help?

zaclimon
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKam View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 (yp-g1), and am trying to install the CM 11 Rom found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537248

When I select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom .zip, I get an error: "E: Short write of /tmp/sideload/package.zip (No space left on device)"

Can anyone help?
You would need to download a custom kernel (if you're running GB) like terrasilent. Then after you need to choose "choose zip from sdcard" and from then, you can continue with the instructions from the CM11 thread.

Hope it helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KryptoKam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon View Post
You would need to download a custom kernel (if you're running GB) like terrasilent. Then after you need to choose "choose zip from sdcard" and from then, you can continue with the instructions from the CM11 thread.

Hope it helps!
First of all: The community here is amazing, just wanted to get that out of the way.

Second: I figured this out this morning (right around 3:00 A.M. to be exact) but never updated the thread.

Thanks a bunch, Zaclimon. I finally got it figured out, and it was definitely a fun challenge. This was my first time flashing a ROM, so I wasn't aware that stock recovery wouldn't flash the zips properly. Again, thanks a bunch!

Also, I would like to make a detailed, yet basic (and understandable to noobscrubs like I was) video. This ROM has truly... well... inspired me, I guess. I enjoyed flashing everything and finally getting it working. If you had some screenshots of the installation (or pictures, rather) that would help.

Again, thanks a bunch!