Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 1st step with S4

Tip us?

GlockandRoll
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 1st step with S4

I'm new to rooting, and have a 16GB AT&T S4 that is as you know bloated. I have been told I wanted to root it in order to have a better experience with the phone, what is my 1st step?

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1678
Find your build number and read all you can on rooting that build. Threads are in General Section. You will probably be moved to Q&A also--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockandRoll View Post
I'm new to rooting, and have a 16GB AT&T S4 that is as you know bloated. I have been told I wanted to root it in order to have a better experience with the phone, what is my 1st step?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
Find your build number and read all you can on rooting that build. Threads are in General Section. You will probably be moved to Q&A also--
Absolutely. If someone needs to tell you to do something or not to do it, your not ready for it. Reading the Pinned threads in general and Q&A is a great starting place.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.