Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unroot & put s-on another time as stock without entering bootloader ?

Tip us?

Deadmau.5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] How to unroot & put s-on another time as stock without entering bootloader ?

Hi, I have 2 HTC One, which one of them has broken vol. buttons.

The other day I was watching a video and then directly the buttons weren't working, I restarted the phone and it turned on Safe Mode.

I tried everything but nothing worked. I was able to go to recovery in a very very hard way in the phone. Today I installed official stock 4.4.2 de-odexed and all is 100% like original because in my other m7 I have all on stock and both are the same.

But my hard question is, they will screw me up on support because my phone is S-OFF ? Unroot I now how to do it, I can do it simply via SuperSU directly, but the question is that... I send the phone for HW problems not for SW but I don't know if they check this...

And if the phone isn't good with S-OFF, what can I do to put again S-ON and delete all traces of ROOT without entering bootloader or recovery ? Think that my vol. buttons aren't working so the only thing I can do is commands in my computer and use the touch screen or lock/power button, because both vol. up and down buttons aren't working.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmau.5 View Post
Hi, I have 2 HTC One, which one of them has broken vol. buttons.

The other day I was watching a video and then directly the buttons weren't working, I restarted the phone and it turned on Safe Mode.

I tried everything but nothing worked. I was able to go to recovery in a very very hard way in the phone. Today I installed official stock 4.4.2 de-odexed and all is 100% like original because in my other m7 I have all on stock and both are the same.

But my hard question is, they will screw me up on support because my phone is S-OFF ? Unroot I now how to do it, I can do it simply via SuperSU directly, but the question is that... I send the phone for HW problems not for SW but I don't know if they check this...

And if the phone isn't good with S-OFF, what can I do to put again S-ON and delete all traces of ROOT without entering bootloader or recovery ? Think that my vol. buttons aren't working so the only thing I can do is commands in my computer and use the touch screen or lock/power button, because both vol. up and down buttons aren't working.
If you send your phone for repair under warranty, you must be 100% stuck, bootloader locked (not re-locked), no tampered flag in bootloader and unfortunately S-ON.

You will need to go in bootloader mode... there is no problem to use bootloader even if your volume buttons are not working. You could go back to stock with a ruu using fastboot commands.

You can also use recovery with your touchscreen.

Follow nkk71's guide in my signature to return back to stock.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot