Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dish Anywhere

Tip us?

the_gunner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Dish Anywhere

Can someone please try to sideload the Dish Anywhere app and let me know if it loads / displays properly ?

scottsdca
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I tried side loading it via adb and it wouldn't send. Other apps would but this one said fail for some reason.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

mr3p
Old
(Last edited by mr3p; 14th April 2014 at 12:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I side loaded it and it installed fine. after launching, the app runs 90 degrees rotated clockwise and I couldn't go any further. I probably should have tried it with mouse just for fun of it but figured without remote support it wasn't worth it.

scottsdca
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Would that orientation app help get this app to work? How did you get it transfer via adb? I couldn't get it to go through. Other apps transferred fine but dish anywhere had a long error message. I'm pretty new at this stuff so please have patience. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

mr3p
Old
Thanks Meter 0
installed via ADB. i think there are a few different versions of the dishanywhere apk floating around, be sure you try the most recent one.

the_gunner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3p View Post
I side loaded it and it installed fine. after launching, the app runs 90 degrees rotated clockwise and I couldn't go any further. I probably should have tried it with mouse just for fun of it but figured without remote support it wasn't worth it.
Thanks for your efforts. What's needed is a way to trigger tablet mode in the app. When I run the Dish app on my Nexus 7 it loads in proper landscape orientation instead of smartphone (portrait) orientation.

scottsdca
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Is there a way to modify it to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

mr3p
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsdca View Post
Is there a way to modify it to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
i may contact someone at dish and inquire if they plan on formally supporting fire tv.