After NC1 Updated : Battery Life ,Performance &Any Problem On This Update Plz Post It

Search This thread

jack_ssl

Nov 10, 2013
Vellore
After NC1 Updated : Battery Life ,Performance &Any Problem On This Update Plz Post It

Please Post What Are The Problems You Are Facing On This Update : Like Battery Life , Performance & Any Problem
Please Post Here :

Last edited:
Reactions: gve33

raulz28

Dec 17, 2011
The stupid keyboard sometimes stays on the screen even after hitting home and hangouts is glitchy at times it does several transitions like popping up and down the keyboard when hitting the space to type.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

jack_ssl

Nov 10, 2013
Vellore
Galaxy S4 Battery Drain After 4.4.2 ( NC1 )

Terrified Battery Life For Me :crying:
Soon AT&T Will Solve This ....

Anyone Giving Same Battery Life :confused:

Last edited:

aw1974

Apr 19, 2011
Farmington Hills, MI
My battery life on WiFi has gotten much better but on the cell radio, it's just terrible. On NB1, I was getting right around 3 hrs screen on time with LTE, now I'm barely getting 2 hrs. On WiFi, I'm getting 4.5 hrs. A little frustrating when there's no WiFi available.

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
Battery life has been the biggest issue here since the update to Kitkat . I have a Hyperion Extended battery on my S4 . The thing barely lost battery life no matter how much hell I put the battery through . Since the jump to Kitkat it has been been reduced . Granted the extended battery gets me through the day but even I am feeling the reduction in life .

jack_ssl

Nov 10, 2013
Vellore

Terrified Battery Life For Me :mad:
Soon AT&T Will Solve This .... :confused:

Anyone Giving Same Battery Life :eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-06-14-11-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-06-14-11-31.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 454
  • Screenshot_2014-05-06-14-11-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-06-14-11-43.png
    133 KB · Views: 401

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
My battery seems to be much better and the phone seems to be much smother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cybershawngates

Jan 28, 2012
My battery seems to be much better and the phone seems to be much smother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

agree - but I found today phone started acting really sluggish and freezing.

Guess what it turns out to be the damn SD card - it's an old microSD from my epic4g. Took it out and voila - phone is lightning fast.

Moral of the story - sluggish phone? TRy removing the SD CARD

rizzo269

Jan 16, 2011
MI
My battery live has decreased pretty dramatically since the kitkat updates. I tried to odin back to stock NB1 and retok the NC1 update but nothing changed. Also swapped batteries thinking maybe the battery had an issue but no change. I hope they release a new update soon that helps with this. Standy uses a little more than JB but when I am on LTE it drains really quickly!

sirobelec

Feb 20, 2014
I read somewhere that when you update, you gotta let the kernel settle in for a day or two (maybe more).
NC1 contained a new kernel.
Right now I'm running a custom ROM (but with another base), but the kernel is stock NC1.
Long story short: with power saving mode on and all connectivity off (wi-fi, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS) off, for 8 hours the thing lost 1% battery.
But, alas, some one hour of browsing on wi-fi, and it fell down to 88%.

Don't ye worry, folks! Graphene batteries will hit the market in several years, and our phones will last a week on a single charge with heavy use, and the charging time itself will be 5 minutes!

(Or at least that's what the science news tells us. :D )

jack_ssl

Nov 10, 2013
Vellore
You're complaining about nearly 2 days of battery life with a few hours of screen time? ....... You might want to reconsider what good battery life is. It's not a Nokia 3210.

Yeah You Are Right It's not a Nokia 3210.But Past Update NB1 Kitkat It Stands Nearly 3.5 Days Then Screen Time Is Around 3.5 hours -- 4 hours :confused:

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
I'm actually getting incredible battery life!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399579509256.jpg
    1399579509256.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 303

Claw22000

Apr 8, 2014
West Saint Paul
But I thought...

From everything I have read about Kitkat it was supposed to increase batter life take less RAM and CPU ect. Kinda like Windows 98 was :D. I have messed around with it on my PC in the X86 download. Its pretty sweet there but on a High-end 6-Core PC I'm not surprised. Has any one had a positive experience?

When a root method is discovered will it be worth it to upgrade or would you go back if you could.

One recommendation. I haven't used many Samsung Devices as this is my first. However I have use many other and I know when a new OTA comes out if your battery isn't fully charged at the time of update as well as plugged in. You might have caused the battery info to be incorrect. A battery calibration would do the trick. If your don't have root its not the easiest task.

You will have to recharge the phone with the power off. After a full charge power up. Use the phone till it powers down all by itself. Repeat the process 1 to 2 more times. Then your phone should have a calibrated battery.

I don't plan on upgrading at this time so if this helps please let people know.

I have used this on LG's Motorola's and several China Tabs. Some people don't want root but I help them as best I can with there issues.

Good Luck

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
I have witnessed an obvious decrease in battery life.
Also my Google contacts wont sync I get a "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" error. My other Google account syncs just fine.

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
That's terrible?? That's almost 2 days!

That's fantastic battery life for this phone in general... let alone any of the baseband versions... I've found on NC1, that I am indeed getting better battery life, and it's a hell of alot snappier as well...

Mind you, I also tweak the snots out of it... for instance, I get rid of all samsung & AT&T bloatware, I get rid of TouchWiz (due to it being such a memory hog.... thus a big battery drainer)

I then go an install Greenify, and Tasker to set a task to hibernate almost everything including most system apps whenever my screen timesout (or I lock it)

I haven't had a chance to really test out how good the battery life is now, due to themeing, getting up to a NC1 Rom, and getting it setup, etc... but once I get a chance I'll post some results

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

agree - but I found today phone started acting really sluggish and freezing.

Guess what it turns out to be the damn SD card - it's an old microSD from my epic4g. Took it out and voila - phone is lightning fast.

Moral of the story - sluggish phone? TRy removing the SD CARD

or getting a newer class 10 one ;)

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

You will have to recharge the phone with the power off. After a full charge power up. Use the phone till it powers down all by itself. Repeat the process 1 to 2 more times. Then your phone should have a calibrated battery.

This really isn't a good idea with these batteries, as you can dramatically decrease the battery life overall. They weren't meant for things like this. Instead a better idea would be to root, and find a re-calibrater in the play store... just my opinion.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-extending-lithium-ion-battery-life/#.

Those without root... well... get on the ball and root your device ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope I think its a defective sd card. Ive seen 2 s4#s have terribe freezing from a bad sd card. Why not just get a spare sd card for testing. Download the photos from old one to pc

Another thing that makes your phone hot I found is a Google Plus backup of photos automatically turn that off especially if not on wifi

Please Post What Are The Problems You Are Facing On This Update : Like Battery Life , Performance & Any Problem
    Please Post Here :

Terrified Battery Life For Me :crying:
    Soon AT&T Will Solve This ....

Anyone Giving Same Battery Life :confused:
    My battery life on WiFi has gotten much better but on the cell radio, it's just terrible. On NB1, I was getting right around 3 hrs screen on time with LTE, now I'm barely getting 2 hrs. On WiFi, I'm getting 4.5 hrs. A little frustrating when there's no WiFi available.

Battery life has been the biggest issue here since the update to Kitkat . I have a Hyperion Extended battery on my S4 . The thing barely lost battery life no matter how much hell I put the battery through . Since the jump to Kitkat it has been been reduced . Granted the extended battery gets me through the day but even I am feeling the reduction in life .