[Q] Chinese S5

OP Elbretzel

23rd April 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Good afternoon,

I am writing because I have a bothering problem with my new Galaxy S5.
I bought it in China (this is where I live), and I didn’t consider the option of having so many differences between the version here and the one in the European market (I am from Italy). First of all, the choice of language is limited to Chinese, Korean and English, but this is not an issue at all. The biggest problem is the absence of any service provided by google, such as the play store; plus, the SamsungApp store allows me to download just apps in Chinese, or at least the 99% of them is like that. Therefore, to download basic apps such as Shazam, Wordreference, Wikipedia and so on I have to rely on alternative markets. Of course Facebook doesn’t work; the strange thing is that it doesn’t work with a VPN either, which happened on my old Galaxy Nexus… well, maybe this is just a temporary network problem.

Anyway, my question is: is there any way to format the device and re-install the OS “making it believe it is an Italian smartphone”? or at least European…
I inserted *#1234#, and what I received is as follows:
AP: G9006VZNU1AND1
CP: G9006VZNU1AND1
CSC: G9006VCHU1AND1

Thanks for your help!
25th April 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 25

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbretzel

Good afternoon,

I bought it in China (this is where I live), and I didn’t consider the option of having so many differences between the version here and the one in the European market (I am from Italy). First of all, the choice of language is limited to Chinese, Korean and English, but this is not an issue at all. The biggest problem is the absence of any service provided by google, such as the play store; plus, the SamsungApp store allows me to download just apps in Chinese, or at least the 99% of them is like that. Therefore, to download basic apps such as Shazam, Wordreference, Wikipedia and so on I have to rely on alternative markets. Of course Facebook doesn’t work; the strange thing is that it doesn’t work with a VPN either, which happened on my old Galaxy Nexus… well, maybe this is just a temporary network problem.

Anyway, my question is: is there any way to format the device and re-install the OS “making it believe it is an Italian smartphone”? or at least European…

Thanks for your help!

Is this the dual SIM?
26th April 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemander

Is this the dual SIM?

No, it's not!
26th April 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Quote:

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your help!

Chinese version does not have Google stuff, because china government banned. VPN is banned as well. I'm a Chinese, I never buy the official version that china market have. Only buy HK version( have all Google stuff) and much cheaper.
Last edited by SupGTR; 26th April 2014 at 09:36 AM.
4th May 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupGTR

Chinese version does not have Google stuff, because china government banned. VPN is banned as well. I'm a Chinese, I never buy the official version that china market have. Only buy HK version( have all Google stuff) and much cheaper.

Yeah, I honestly ignore why I haven't thought about the HK version before buying it...
Anyway right now I found a way to use the VPN, and a person I know in Italy told me there is the chance to format the phone and install the Italian OS... do you think it's possible?
4th May 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

47 posts
Quote:

Yeah, I honestly ignore why I haven't thought about the HK version before buying it...
Anyway right now I found a way to use the VPN, and a person I know in Italy told me there is the chance to format the phone and install the Italian OS... do you think it's possible?

Ah, I just replied to your other question before I saw this thread. That ROM in the other thread has Italian, I checked.
4th May 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddxv

Ah, I just replied to your other question before I saw this thread. That ROM in the other thread has Italian, I checked.

Yeah, actually as I already said I don't really care about the language of the OS, as long as I can manage to download all the apps I need and use my device without the limitations that the Chinese version has!
4th May 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 841

2,259 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your help!

You can install this app Phone INFO ★Samsung★

Go to menu --> 'CSC Changer' and see how many CSC in your phone. If it supports multi-CSC, you can change to another CSC if you are lucky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-18-23-35-44.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	2724941  
5th May 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen

You can install this app Phone INFO ★Samsung★

Go to menu --> 'CSC Changer' and see how many CSC in your phone. If it supports multi-CSC, you can change to another CSC if you are lucky.

Tried to, it won't work!
By clicking the link it makes me log in to google play, and the account I have is still linked to my old device, while I can't download it without logging in.
The result has been that I downloaded it from my S5 on my old Galaxy Nexus

Thanks, though!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread