Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How To: Remove blink feed from M8

OP runandhide05

3rd April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,470

2,826 posts
Donate to Me
More
* To remove BlinkFeed from your homescreens simple long press on a blank spot on the home screen (same way to add a widget)

* Click the square with a pen icon on the top right hand corner

* Scroll to the far left (so that the blickfeed page is highlighted)

* Click Remove

Video
HowTo: Remove BlinkFeed from M8
The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

97 posts
wierd im not seeing the part where blinkfeed is highlighted so i can remove it

edit : scratch that just watched your video ..... was doing it wrong thanks !!
Last edited by commandocon; 3rd April 2014 at 01:02 AM.
3rd April 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 87

299 posts
To remove Blinkfeed go to settings>personlize>homescreen. You can turn it off there.

Edit:

Opps, I guess that doesn't work. I had seen it before and just looking at it one would assume that turns it off. I had never tried it though. Decided I should see. Doesn't seem to though. Pressing on it just returns you to the homescreen and Blinkfeed is still there. Rebooting didn't help either. Egg on my face I guess.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

You need to do as runandhide05 said but when the menu pops up, select manage homescreens. Then slide things so you can see the Blinkfeed page. Then click the remove button at the bottom.
Last edited by robocuff; 3rd April 2014 at 12:48 AM.
2nd May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 107

657 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff

To remove Blinkfeed go to settings>personlize>homescreen. You can turn it off there.

Edit:

Opps, I guess that doesn't work. I had seen it before and just looking at it one would assume that turns it off. I had never tried it though. Decided I should see. Doesn't seem to though. Pressing on it just returns you to the homescreen and Blinkfeed is still there. Rebooting didn't help either. Egg on my face I guess.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

You need to do as runandhide05 said but when the menu pops up, select manage homescreens. Then slide things so you can see the Blinkfeed page. Then click the remove button at the bottom.

I have 'removed' blinkfeed from my homescreen and am running the barebones rom. I just noticed today, while in airplane mode at work, that in my power usage settings HTC Blinkfeed has used 10%. The hell? There has to be something you can do to turn that crap off?
2nd May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 63

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonikan

I have 'removed' blinkfeed from my homescreen and am running the barebones rom. I just noticed today, while in airplane mode at work, that in my power usage settings HTC Blinkfeed has used 10%. The hell? There has to be something you can do to turn that crap off?

Blinkfeed is the name of the default launcher, so unless you're running a different launcher then it will always show up as using battery.
2nd May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 107

657 posts
More
Yes, I was just coming back to say this. I went into TB and froze it and had no launcher.
3rd May 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff_mt

Blinkfeed is the name of the default launcher, so unless you're running a different launcher then it will always show up as using battery.

Ah. Okay. Now I know. Thanks for this.

Is there anyway to customize it?
4th May 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 63

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleones

Ah. Okay. Now I know. Thanks for this.

Is there anyway to customize it?

I don't use the Blinkfeed launcher, I use Nova Prime. I'll have to let someone else answer what customizations are in the Blinkfeed launcher.
4th May 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #9  
Nice trickk. I never even thought of removing it lol but since I never ever use it I did. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th May 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #10  
Flag Western Washington
Thanks Meter: 32

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

* To remove BlinkFeed from your homescreens simple long press on a blank spot on the home screen (same way to add a widget)

* Click the square with a pen icon on the top right hand corner

* Scroll to the far left (so that the blickfeed page is highlighted)

* Click Remove

Video
HowTo: Remove BlinkFeed from M8

What's the difference in this than simply selecting "Manage Home Screen Pages" that pops up on long-press on the home screen? Simply hit that, scroll to the Blinkfeed page, and hit remove.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread