Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To: Remove blink feed from M8

Tip us?
 
runandhide05
Old
#1  
runandhide05's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2369
Posts: 2,724
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Default How To: Remove blink feed from M8

* To remove BlinkFeed from your homescreens simple long press on a blank spot on the home screen (same way to add a widget)

* Click the square with a pen icon on the top right hand corner

* Scroll to the far left (so that the blickfeed page is highlighted)

* Click Remove

Video
HowTo: Remove BlinkFeed from M8
The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
commandocon
Old
(Last edited by commandocon; 3rd April 2014 at 12:02 AM.)
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 71
Join Date: Mar 2014
wierd im not seeing the part where blinkfeed is highlighted so i can remove it

edit : scratch that just watched your video ..... was doing it wrong thanks !!
 
robocuff
Old
(Last edited by robocuff; 2nd April 2014 at 11:48 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 269
Join Date: Jul 2011
To remove Blinkfeed go to settings>personlize>homescreen. You can turn it off there.

Edit:

Opps, I guess that doesn't work. I had seen it before and just looking at it one would assume that turns it off. I had never tried it though. Decided I should see. Doesn't seem to though. Pressing on it just returns you to the homescreen and Blinkfeed is still there. Rebooting didn't help either. Egg on my face I guess.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

You need to do as runandhide05 said but when the menu pops up, select manage homescreens. Then slide things so you can see the Blinkfeed page. Then click the remove button at the bottom.
 
typhoonikan
Old
#4  
typhoonikan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 637
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff View Post
To remove Blinkfeed go to settings>personlize>homescreen. You can turn it off there.

Edit:

Opps, I guess that doesn't work. I had seen it before and just looking at it one would assume that turns it off. I had never tried it though. Decided I should see. Doesn't seem to though. Pressing on it just returns you to the homescreen and Blinkfeed is still there. Rebooting didn't help either. Egg on my face I guess.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

You need to do as runandhide05 said but when the menu pops up, select manage homescreens. Then slide things so you can see the Blinkfeed page. Then click the remove button at the bottom.

I have 'removed' blinkfeed from my homescreen and am running the barebones rom. I just noticed today, while in airplane mode at work, that in my power usage settings HTC Blinkfeed has used 10%. The hell? There has to be something you can do to turn that crap off?
Most useful Android Apps @ my blogspot


2006 - 2016. Ten years of devices!

Samsung A900
, Apple iPhone 3G, HTC Supersonic: EVO 4G
HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC One M8
 
shortstuff_mt
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 122
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonikan View Post
I have 'removed' blinkfeed from my homescreen and am running the barebones rom. I just noticed today, while in airplane mode at work, that in my power usage settings HTC Blinkfeed has used 10%. The hell? There has to be something you can do to turn that crap off?
Blinkfeed is the name of the default launcher, so unless you're running a different launcher then it will always show up as using battery.
 
typhoonikan
Old
#6  
typhoonikan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 637
Join Date: Nov 2010
Yes, I was just coming back to say this. I went into TB and froze it and had no launcher.
Most useful Android Apps @ my blogspot


2006 - 2016. Ten years of devices!

Samsung A900
, Apple iPhone 3G, HTC Supersonic: EVO 4G
HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC One M8
 
Napoleones
Old
#7  
Napoleones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 139
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff_mt View Post
Blinkfeed is the name of the default launcher, so unless you're running a different launcher then it will always show up as using battery.
Ah. Okay. Now I know. Thanks for this.

Is there anyway to customize it?
 
shortstuff_mt
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 122
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleones View Post
Ah. Okay. Now I know. Thanks for this.

Is there anyway to customize it?
I don't use the Blinkfeed launcher, I use Nova Prime. I'll have to let someone else answer what customizations are in the Blinkfeed launcher.
 
Rushing
Old
#9  
Rushing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2841
Posts: 2,131
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: A = A PRODUCTIONS

 
DONATE TO ME
Nice trickk. I never even thought of removing it lol but since I never ever use it I did. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Code:
  _______________________________________
( Communicate! It can't make things any )
( worse.                                )
 ---------------------------------------
   o
    o
        .--.
       |o_o |
       |:_/ |
      //   \ \
     (|     | )
    /'\_   _/`\
    \___)=(___/

Computed by Linux


Read the Rules! ~~~ Search Before You Post! ~~~ Learn about XDA
SGS2 ROOTED STOCK ROM
 
Freedom First
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 106
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
* To remove BlinkFeed from your homescreens simple long press on a blank spot on the home screen (same way to add a widget)

* Click the square with a pen icon on the top right hand corner

* Scroll to the far left (so that the blickfeed page is highlighted)

* Click Remove

Video
HowTo: Remove BlinkFeed from M8

What's the difference in this than simply selecting "Manage Home Screen Pages" that pops up on long-press on the home screen? Simply hit that, scroll to the Blinkfeed page, and hit remove.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...