XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][RAY] CM for LOCKED BOOTLOADERS

Tip us?

Guynan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [MOD][RAY] CM for LOCKED BOOTLOADERS

I would like to make a push for non-stock ROMs to be supported on the Xperia Ray. Scoff if you wish, but this is not an impossibility (well it could be, but I would like to find out) We have an entirely capable developer community and this HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE. If you are not aware, please have a look on this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593806

If you still don't believe me and the workings are foreign to you, please have a look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=22

Now, I want you to be aware this is not one of those annoying request posts, I am currently in the process of trying to make this happen. Though I have run into speedbumps. I wish to see a bit of interest to help as I am, capable, but only to a certain extent. I have made trials that have made it as far as the CM boot image. For it to be considered a ROM, I believe it has to get slightly further.

Your help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

To people who will say "That's nice I'll happily give you money to support the cause"

I DO NOT WANT MONEY, I WANT TO BUILD A ROM

The point of this post is to see if there is adequate support to get this going. Support being actual help, not "I'd love to see this happen"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guynan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BloodEdge
Old
Thanks Meter 18
incredible, but what's the benefit ?

Guynan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodEdge View Post
incredible, but what's the benefit ?

People who have "Rooting status: Bootloader Unlock allowed: NO" can experience the joys of custom ROMs

sebasrock156
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynan View Post
I would like to make a push for non-stock ROMs to be supported on the Xperia Ray. Scoff if you wish, but this is not an impossibility (well it could be, but I would like to find out) We have an entirely capable developer community and this HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE. If you are not aware, please have a look on this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593806

If you still don't believe me and the workings are foreign to you, please have a look here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=22

Now, I want you to be aware this is not one of those annoying request posts, I am currently in the process of trying to make this happen. Though I have run into speedbumps. I wish to see a bit of interest to help as I am, capable, but only to a certain extent. I have made trials that have made it as far as the CM boot image. For it to be considered a ROM, I believe it has to get slightly further.

Your help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

To people who will say "That's nice I'll happily give you money to support the cause"

I DO NOT WANT MONEY, I WANT TO BUILD A ROM

The point of this post is to see if there is adequate support to get this going. Support being actual help, not "I'd love to see this happen"
Hey guy, this works really? Will be great if it works on My Ray :3

Hit in "Show" Please :3

Xperia X8: Bricked
Xperia Ray: Honami SonkraftZ2 *ICS*
Xperia P: Sirius SonkraftZ2
Acer Iconia b1-a71: i1 Honami/Z1
Motorola Moto G: Stock 4.4.3 Retail US

Next Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Thx to Pandemic, Saahab, Rizal Lovins, Niaboc79, Sergio Marín and all the xda family for Support me

Guynan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasrock156 View Post
Hey guy, this works really? Will be great if it works on My Ray :3
Yeah, basically I need some help, someone to bounce ideas off.