[Q] Nothing happens when connected to computer

Search This thread

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
I have all drivers and have tried several remedies but still no luck. Can anyone help, perhaps over teamviewer? If anyone can fix my problem with connecting and updating my rom, I will compensate them for their time.

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
What Operating System are you using?
What drivers have you installed?
HTC Sync?
PdaNet?
Did you install adb and fastboot or full sdk?
What are you getting at the prompt when you enter fastboot devices while in fastboot from the fastboot directory on your pc with the firmware in that same location?
Your issue is with installing the firmware,.... right?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
Windows 7 64bit
HTC Sync says no phones are attached
I do have debugging mode on as well. At the least it does show "USB connected" on the new kitkat rom, but still nothing on the computer.
I tried pdanet+ as well with no luck but I'll try again with this new rom. I'll report back tomorrow.

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
PDANet+ doesn't work either. My phone says USB connected, but when I remove the USB, it still says connected.
I don't know what's wrong and I'm hoping you could help me out via Teamviewer. I've already sent you my Hangouts details so we can talk faster.
Thanks!

JinxtPhoto

Sep 9, 2010
I couldn't find a way to turn usb debugging on in the 4.09 ota. I can't adb to my phone when it's fully booted into the system, but if I boot into bootloader and plug the phone in I'm able to get fastboot to recognize it in fastboot usb mode (adb still doesn't work though). Not sure if this helps, but that was my experience and the only way I was able to install twrp so I could root after the OTA (I'm unlocked and s-off).

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
USB debugging can be activated by unlocking the Developer Options menu by going into About > Software information > More > tap repeatedly on Build number.

Reactions: JinxtPhoto

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Obvious question, but someone had to ask, you try a different USB cable? That one could be going bad. One of my cables cannot do data transfer but can charge the phone, while my other one works. Also, did you try a different device with that specific cable? Have you tried a different USB port? Those can go out as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
Obvious question, but someone had to ask, you try a different USB cable? That one could be going bad. One of my cables cannot do data transfer but can charge the phone, while my other one works. Also, did you try a different device with that specific cable? Have you tried a different USB port? Those can go out as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
I have tried multiple cables and computers.

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal

I think at this point, this may be your best bet:

Flash my stock rooted full odex Jellybean rom.
Use Flashify to flash the stock recovery I posted in the same thread, since your fastboot isn't working for whatever reason.
Then you can just take the OTA, which will update your firmware.
Then you can flash the stock rooted version of the rom, or whatever rom you choose...
Good luck! Sorry our Teamviewer session was of no use.

Reactions: takota6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    USB debugging can be activated by unlocking the Developer Options menu by going into About > Software information > More > tap repeatedly on Build number.

I think at this point, this may be your best bet:

Flash my stock rooted full odex Jellybean rom.
    Use Flashify to flash the stock recovery I posted in the same thread, since your fastboot isn't working for whatever reason.
    Then you can just take the OTA, which will update your firmware.
    Then you can flash the stock rooted version of the rom, or whatever rom you choose...
    Good luck! Sorry our Teamviewer session was of no use.