FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Wiped system and then Data

4th May 2014, 12:51 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I deleted system and then wiped data so safetstrap is removed as well as not being able to boot up...Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Btw I'm on Kit Kat so I cant just flash the firmware back on can I?
 
 
4th May 2014, 02:24 AM |#2  
sandman7793's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedX69

I deleted system and then wiped data so safetstrap is removed as well as not being able to boot up...Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Btw I'm on Kit Kat so I cant just flash the firmware back on can I?

Just use the mj5 restore as long as your not on official kitkat. If your on official kitkat then bestbuy is your only option.


Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sandman7793 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 02:43 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman7793

Just use the mj5 restore as long as your not on official kitkat. If your on official kitkat then bestbuy is your only option.


Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

ok thanks I was unsure as to what to flash as to not further damage the recovery process.
4th May 2014, 02:54 AM |#4  
sandman7793's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedX69

ok thanks I was unsure as to what to flash as to not further damage the recovery process.

No problem. Don't know why I said anything about the official kitkat when you clearly stated that safe strap was gone. Lol


Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
4th May 2014, 03:47 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman7793

No problem. Don't know why I said anything about the official kitkat when you clearly stated that safe strap was gone. Lol


Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah kind of confused me for a second, but I figured what you meant was the same thing I had in mind. lol
4th May 2014, 04:27 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Got it up and running!
Thanks dude I really appreciate the help, I was at work so I couldn't work on the phone but I got it up and running again
4th May 2014, 01:54 PM |#7  
majortaylor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedX69

Thanks dude I really appreciate the help, I was at work so I couldn't work on the phone but I got it up and running again

How did ss get wiped?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th May 2014, 08:14 PM |#8  
sandman7793's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 984
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortaylor

How did ss get wiped?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've wiped out before a long time ago by just hitting swipe to reset and also the format next to the swipe. (Back in the noob safe strap days)

Man I freaked out back then lol

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 04:04 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman7793

I've wiped out before a long time ago by just hitting swipe to reset and also the format next to the swipe. (Back in the noob safe strap days)

Man I freaked out back then lol

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

lol I was freaking out a little too! This is the first time I have used safestrap, all the other devices that I have owned previously have had twrp/cwm so I was kind of lost at what to do next.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes