[MOD][addon.d] Enable On-Screen Soft Keys/Disable Capacitive Buttons

Search This thread

erick13_dg

Jun 5, 2013
Yep, it works, I don't know why it didn't work, maybe it was because I installed the zip just after installing epinter's, I had to reboot and then installed it again, thanks anyway.

babSky

Feb 16, 2012
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Hi! Someone please recommend app to get rid of softkey backlights on epinters 10.1 with 3.1.1 kernel?
Using AdjBrightness now, but it resets after reboot, so I have to turn it on manually every time.

babSky

Feb 16, 2012
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Atrixtweaks can do it in gb, not sure if it will work on ics and jb

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Yes, it worked! Thanks a lot!
Buttons aren't go out immediatly after reboot, but after minute or two, i think when atrixtweaks gets SU permission.

BTW, I tryed CM10.2(android 4.3) with this mod - running good, but i have to reboot at begining, because only one button was on screen - "back". After reboot all three buttons became shown and operational.

Reactions: rmkilc

abdoo77

Mar 1, 2014
cm 11

I have a CyanogenMod ROM 4.4.2 CM 11. And I want the soft keys but the zip file you posted on the page is failed when I try flashed..
Is there any way to have soft keys on this thing.....

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
Just to be sure, this is for mb860, Atrix 4g.

Try flashing it again, when it fails, go to advanced ->show log and post the output. Maybe someone can find out whats happening.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod enables on-screen soft keys and disables capacitive buttons on the Atrix 4G without modifying the framework-res.apk! The script searches for entries and changes them, so no other entries are affected, and no files are replaced. This mod also includes an addon.d script.

vvscU.png

What is addon.d?
    On some ROMs, like Cyanogenmod, there are scripts in /system/addon.d that run during a ROM update or flash. They can backup and restore system apps (like Gapps), or perform many other functions. This mod includes an addon.d script, so the mod is not lost during a ROM update! If your ROM doesn't support addon.d, this mod should still flash properly, but you won't benefit from addon.d.

Tested and Confirmed to work on:
    CyanogenMod 9 turl1
    CyanogenMod 9 jokersax11
    CyanogenMod 10 epinter
    CyanogenMod 10 jokersax11
    CyanogenMod 10.1 epinter (thanks babSky!)
    ICS leak

It should work on any AOSP based Android 4+ ROM. Let us know if it works!

Note:
    Because this doesn't modify and/or replace the framework-res.apk, this will NOT disable the capacitive backlights, just the keys themselves. To disable the backlights in CM9 or CM10, go to Settings -> Display -> Automatic backlight -> Enable Use Custom and in Edit other levels, change button values to 0.

8IhVe.png

Install Instructions:
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash Enable zip
    - Reboot

Uninstall Instructions:
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash Disable zip
    - Reboot

Downloads:
    Enable-Atrix4GSoftKeys-1.4.zip
    Disable-Atrix4GSoftKeys-1.4.zip

Changelog:
    Code:
    1.4 - 10/19/12
    - More code cleanup
    - Added assert to verify device

1.3 - 10/10/12
    - Added support for the ICS leak

1.2 - 10/0712
    - Added script to /system/addon.d

1.1 - 09/27/12
    - Code cleanup
    - Added error handling

1.0 - 09/14/12
    - Initial release

Credits and Thanks:
    graffixnyc and NemesisRE - shell script ideas
    Chainfire - output to recovery UI from shell script code

DISCLAIMER:
    This mod involves editing system files. Use at your own risk! Also please don't forget, before you report ROM related bugs in the ROM developer thread, you should remove this mod to make sure the issue is not caused by this mod!
    Updated to support the ICS leak.

TJJSAl.png
    Ah, I see that the backlight settings functionality finally works on CM10. Good find. :good:

If I may suggest, add a restore script?

I have thought about that. I will make one and add it to the OP if there is enough demand. :)
    I updated some stuff in the zip to make it work with an uninstall/disable zip that I made. See OP.

Hey it's true. :) Have you tried it out?

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk 2