Android limitations?

5th May 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

153 posts
I 'converted' to Android just about 2 years ago now. I love it, but there are a couple of things things that I initially didn't like but I assumed would be fixed over time. They have not.

The first thing has to do with Video files transfered to the device. I am meticulous about tagging my *.mp4 shows and inserting the "cover art" picture. In iOS these images would show up as thumb nails in video viewers. This looked good. Android, however, insists on using a random still from the first minute or so of any given show (video file). Is there a way to force android to use the image in the tag? It is kind of annoying that they can't do such a simple thing.

Which leads me to the second thing. In both video and audio files... when playing either in their respective players in iOS the scrubber at the bottom would show the current time on the left of the scrubber and the time left on the right. In android it shows the current time on the left, but the right stays static. It merely shows the show's total time. I have tried several different players for both video and audio but none seem to be able to tackle this.

I know, both things are minor, and over all, i love android, just wondering why we have not been given the choice. After all, i thought that was what android was all about.

Any way, thanks for listening.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread