How to get access to root filesystem (or fix permissions)?

5th May 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Adelaide, SA
Thanks Meter: 4

61 posts
More
I'm trying to copy some files to the root of my Ultra 6833 filesystem but I keep getting a "no space" error. I searched a bit and found out that this may be caused by either permissions needing to be fixed or a device specific restriction that has to be removed.

Well I can't find "fix permissions" option in CWM recovery or ROM Manager anymore. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this thanks.

Edit: Sorry brainfart happened - I can use fix permissions in ROM Manager (not Toolbox) - but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I'm using PAC 12-13-13 firmware if that makes a difference.

Edit: Sorry fixed it ... forgot you had to mount the partition. Maybe I should go back to bed?
Last edited by diji1; 5th May 2014 at 05:20 AM.
5th May 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 580

2,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diji1

I'm trying to copy some files to the root of my Ultra 6833 filesystem but I keep getting a "no space" error. I searched a bit and found out that this may be caused by either permissions needing to be fixed or a device specific restriction that has to be removed.

Well I can't find "fix permissions" option in CWM recovery or ROM Manager anymore. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this thanks.

Edit: Sorry brainfart happened - I can use fix permissions in ROM Manager (not Toolbox) - but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I'm using PAC 12-13-13 firmware if that makes a difference.

Edit: Sorry fixed it ... forgot you had to mount the partition. Maybe I should go back to bed?

Lols... Brainfarts aside, I personally love to see people's processes written like this, makes me giggle. Well done for sorting it and this is a good guide for others should they face the same issue.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyderTracks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread