5,814,981 Members 41,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Compiled AOSP for my Nexus 4, but Problems (no Signal and Camera)

Tip us?

Spasticdroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 423
Default [HELP] Compiled AOSP for my Nexus 4, but Problems (no Signal and Camera)

For the past year I've been having problems after compiling AOSP from android.googlesource.com for my Nexus 4. It builds fine, but after I boot with it, I have no signal (baseband unknown in About Phone) and my camera doesn't work (can't connect to Camera) (probably more, i haven't tested.) I have no problems with other ROMs such as Omni, PA, and CM after building and booting them. Everything works on those.

After reading countless guides (which all seem very similar to each other) I thought that maybe it was my environment setup under Ubuntu 12.04 so I gave up. I tried again a few months later with a clean install of 13.04 and got the same problem with signal and camera. I looked up and followed guides again and nothing. So I gave up after numerous tries, yet again.

Recently (3 days ago to be exact) I did a clean install of 14.04 and gave AOSP another try. Still... no signal and camera.

Now I'm here posting and asking you guys: what in the hell is stopping me from having a fully functional phone on AOSP?
- I'm using 64-bit versions of Ubuntu
- My environment for compiling is set up thanks to guides provided here, the Android Source site, and searching Google.
- I have Java 1.6.0_45 installed.
- I'm building AOSP 4.4.2_r1.
- I have the proprietary binaries extracted in the AOSP directory (~/Android/development/aosp/vendor)
- I commented out PRODUCT_RESTRICT_VENDOR_FILES := true in full_mako.mk
- I've compiled with every available lunch command with user, userdebug, and eng, and am using "make clean" and "make clobber" between them to start over

If anyone could help me with what could possibly be the problem I'd greatly appreciate it.
This is really driving me insane spending 4 hours per build for 3 days, only to have the same half working result with each of them.

Chromecast | FlashCast | Eureka ROM 17977.001
Google Nexus 5 | PA Custom Build | Linaro Kernel
History: iPhone 3GS>4>4S>5>Galaxy S3>Nexus 4>Nexus 5 + Note 3

Spasticdroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 423
SMH managed to figure it out... binaries provided by Google were missing a few...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Chromecast | FlashCast | Eureka ROM 17977.001
Google Nexus 5 | PA Custom Build | Linaro Kernel
History: iPhone 3GS>4>4S>5>Galaxy S3>Nexus 4>Nexus 5 + Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Spasticdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aravindsagar
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Have you figured out a solution? If yes, please tell us how did you solve the problem?
Google LG Nexus 4: PA 4.45 Stable (Android 4.4.4)

Prev Phone:LG Optimus One P500
Also tinkering with my friends' Canvas HD, Galaxy S3, Xperia Live with Walkman etc..