After reading countless guides (which all seem very similar to each other) I thought that maybe it was my environment setup under Ubuntu 12.04 so I gave up. I tried again a few months later with a clean install of 13.04 and got the same problem with signal and camera. I looked up and followed guides again and nothing. So I gave up after numerous tries, yet again.
Recently (3 days ago to be exact) I did a clean install of 14.04 and gave AOSP another try. Still... no signal and camera.
Now I'm here posting and asking you guys: what in the hell is stopping me from having a fully functional phone on AOSP?
- I'm using 64-bit versions of Ubuntu
- My environment for compiling is set up thanks to guides provided here, the Android Source site, and searching Google.
- I have Java 1.6.0_45 installed.
- I'm building AOSP 4.4.2_r1.
- I have the proprietary binaries extracted in the AOSP directory (~/Android/development/aosp/vendor)
- I commented out PRODUCT_RESTRICT_VENDOR_FILES := true in full_mako.mk
- I've compiled with every available lunch command with user, userdebug, and eng, and am using "make clean" and "make clobber" between them to start over
If anyone could help me with what could possibly be the problem I'd greatly appreciate it.
This is really driving me insane spending 4 hours per build for 3 days, only to have the same half working result with each of them.