Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

phone as a sound receiver for computer

Tip us?

ProjectX01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt phone as a sound receiver for computer

To be precise. Im thinking of an app that could recieve the audio of a computer/smart tv. Then phone could then output it to the auxillary jack or another bluetooth headset. Therefore making the phone as a sort of bridge or dongle.

the concept is somewhat like the soundwire app that's currently around. But my problem is there is a 2-3 second sound lag with the app.

Ive tried using my own mobile tethering. With the exact phone im using as a bluetooth headset. But that doesn't seem to help.

So I think the solution is. If possible. Either a wired connection, namely usb tethering or direct auxillary to the phone.

note- I've tried multiple apps such as airfoil and airbubble. With which all results are the same. Sound delay.
Also. Ive seen and read many threads like this. But most of them were just asking. Im suggesting an app. And if ever you were to make a profit out of it. The least you could do is include my name and send me a check for a 5 star class meal with expensive wine.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectX01 View Post
To be precise. Im thinking of an app that could recieve the audio of a computer/smart tv. Then phone could then output it to the auxillary jack or another bluetooth headset. Therefore making the phone as a sort of bridge or dongle.

the concept is somewhat like the soundwire app that's currently around. But my problem is there is a 2-3 second sound lag with the app.

Ive tried using my own mobile tethering. With the exact phone im using as a bluetooth headset. But that doesn't seem to help.

So I think the solution is. If possible. Either a wired connection, namely usb tethering or direct auxillary to the phone.

note- I've tried multiple apps such as airfoil and airbubble. With which all results are the same. Sound delay.
Also. Ive seen and read many threads like this. But most of them were just asking. Im suggesting an app. And if ever you were to make a profit out of it. The least you could do is include my name and send me a check for a 5 star class meal with expensive wine.

Just use "Spashtop" it streams audio and video without latency
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

ProjectX01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Just use "Spashtop" it streams audio and video without latency
wholley shiz. this app is better than i hopped for. awesome!