Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google voice app (dialer) not working with VZW Galaxy S5

Tip us?

traccdma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Google voice app (dialer) not working with VZW Galaxy S5

Something seems to be causing Google Voice to not function with my S5 from Verizon.

I restored my wife's phone to defaults, installed just the current GV app, and despite picking either 'use google voice for this call' or 'use google voice for all calls', the phone directly dials the number rather than google voice. behavior on every other android phone is that it pulls the GV alias number via data connection and dials that.

End result is her vzw phone # gets exposed to numbers she calls, instead of the caller seeing the desired google voice # on their caller id.

I tested earlier versions of GV app, tested my GV account, and tested all of her stuff with another new in box Galaxy S5. still no luck.

For the time being I moved her back to a Droid Maxx and GV works fine.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or a workaround?

tillithz
Old
Thanks Meter 72
theres a screen during installation config that you select "this phones number" make sure you are doing that correctly. the more current versions dont dial out on data, they dial out on a google number then connect the call. make sure you are downloading google voice from play store not trying to use some current version from when google used a single number to call out on.
I can explain it for you but I cant understand it for you

I won the World Poker Championship in 2010 with Pokemon cards