FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
My wife recently upgraded her phone contract to get the new Galaxy S5, and for a relatively small cost extra, they threw in the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE (SM-P605) which I quickly claimed for myself.

However, it was not long before I was reminded why I abandoned Samsung devices years ago in favour of the Nexus range. The first thing I did when I got home was check for a software update. Nothing at all. Very disappointing for two reasons.

1.) It was still running a 4.3 build from August 2013.
2.) There was no multi-user support; something I was relying on so that my wife and I could share the tablet. This was especially strange considering this feature is available in vanilla 4.3.

So after some searching, I was briefly excited to see that the Kitkat update for the 2014 Edition had landed mere days ago. I began scouring the Internet... Turns out, this update is only for the SM-P600!!! ARGH!

A bit more scouring... Verizon have the tablet on their network right? And they are LTE... And I read something about a Kitkat update for their device! Nooooope! That devices is the SM-P605V.

So here I sit, back in the Samsung camp, completely at the mercy of their erratic update-rollout schedules whilst all of their other tablets EXCEPT mine are enjoying the Kitkat goodness.

God only knows when or if I'll even see a 4.4 update on this device - I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: I'm starting to wonder where I could flash the SM-605V ROM on my device. Seems like the only difference is the LTE band support. I only use Wifi at the moment, so if the worst that can happen is that I lose mobile data, I'd be okay with that.
Last edited by StNickZA; 5th May 2014 at 08:02 AM.
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)