Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fitness with Gear app

Tip us?

tateg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Fitness with Gear app

Does anyone else have this issue: under the pedometer history screen it will show a "best record" of some massive amount of steps (mine shows over like 12000) but next to it the number for miles is ridiculously low (mine shows .16 miles). Does this happen for every one? In fact on mine, none of the mileage will correlate with the steps in any of the on screen fields.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by tateg View Post
Does anyone else have this issue: under the pedometer history screen it will show a "best record" of some massive amount of steps (mine shows over like 12000) but next to it the number for miles is ridiculously low (mine shows .16 miles). Does this happen for every one? In fact on mine, none of the mileage will correlate with the steps in any of the on screen fields.
The whole fitness aspect of the gear fit is horrible. The pedometer isn't even close to being accurate so I wouldn't really worry about it. To fix your problem though, maybe try clearing the data of the fitness app.

tateg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
The whole fitness aspect of the gear fit is horrible. The pedometer isn't even close to being accurate so I wouldn't really worry about it. To fix your problem though, maybe try clearing the data of the fitness app.
The first one I had counted steps even when sitting on the couch or driving. I swapped for another one and the new one is much closer to why my fitbit says I'm doing. It's still up to 10% higher at times but generally it's within the same ballpark as the fitbit.

I'll try clearing the data and see what happens.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by tateg View Post
The first one I had counted steps even when sitting on the couch or driving. I swapped for another one and the new one is much closer to why my fitbit says I'm doing. It's still up to 10% higher at times but generally it's within the same ballpark as the fitbit.

I'll try clearing the data and see what happens.
I'm not going to swap it out since I don't really use the fitness part anyway, but even all the reviews say that the pedometer and heart rate sensor are way off. Oh well, at least the watch part works nice

Lumumba76
Old
Thanks Meter 2
In my case historical Data switches from day to day.
Sometimes it displays the correct Data and another day it shows (seems like) random data...
Only historical data of sleeping is correct...