Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,710 Members 44,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] viper rom questions

Tip us?

tilton319
Old
(Last edited by tilton319; 5th May 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] viper rom questions

I'm running viperonem8 1.5.0 and the built in WiFi hotspot doesn't seem to work it shows up but doesn't allow access to the internet any suggestions are appreciated and I'm also on Sprints m8_uhl and can't get s-off yet with Firewater still waiting patiently for some more incredible work

jdmohn12
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilton319 View Post
I'm running viperonem8 1.5.0 and the built in WiFi hotspot doesn't seem to work it shows up but doesn't allow access to the internet any suggestions are appreciated and I'm also on Sprints m8_uhl and can't get s-off yet with Firewater still waiting patiently for some more incredible work
Mine is working great with the same set up. Did you look at the security or try changing the name of it.

tilton319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ya I tried that with no luck

wranglerray
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
I had issues with native tether also, it would work but only for a few minutes then it would stop broadcasting.

Wifi tether Router by Fabio Grasso from the app store works flawless for me. Its 2.50$ but well worth it if you use tether alot
HTC One (sprint)
TWRP 2.5.
Viper Rom.

HTC WiFi Flyer
hboot 6.11.1111
LeeDroid 4.3.0

Those Who Desire Peace, Prepare For War

><Wrangler><
The Following User Says Thank You to wranglerray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tilton319
Old
(Last edited by tilton319; 6th May 2014 at 03:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ya I'm not trying to buy any extras I jump around roms to try them all out just curious why mines not working and I just tried to wipe and flash again with no luck fixing it

tilton319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well broke down and bought wifi tether router and will use it as a temporary fix thank you for the suggestion

tilton319
Old
(Last edited by tilton319; 6th May 2014 at 06:59 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default mms not working

i cannot recieve mms messages it errors out everytime i recieve a mms picture i have a logcat enclosed also i have tried using the ##72786# menu reset and it didnt do anything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-05-22-47-31[1].png
Views:	40
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	2728265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-05-22-47-35[1].png
Views:	39
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	2728266  
Attached Files
File Type: zip report_2014-05-05-22-42-29[1].zip - [Click for QR Code] (40.7 KB, 3 views)

Konfuzion
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
i cannot recieve mms messages it errors out everytime i recieve a mms picture i have a logcat enclosed also i have tried using the ##72786# menu reset and it didnt do anything
Did you run activation after the reset? Are you using stock messaging app? I know on my phone I had to do the menu reset and activate, on my wives I had to uninstall and reinstall handcent.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

tilton319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using the stock messenger app and what activation do I run

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

wtfdic
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Are you on 3g or 4g?